Active Topics

Notices

i wonder if it could be done. since pandora and n900 have very similar hardware... maybe a dual boot option like it had been done for the android port?

maybe i'im wrong but it might resolve many problems for gaming and maybe ofer gpu compatibility.

pandora OS source code: http://git.openpandora.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi

pandora specs: http://www.open-pandora.org/index.ph...emid=6&lang=en

Last edited by phantoom; 2010-04-22 at 08:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to phantoom For This Useful Post:
I'm sure it could be done relatively easily. But the Pandora OS has support for all the extra keys (buttons and pads and corner keys and nubs and whatnot) which the N900 doesn't have. So it'll be quite crippled on the N900.

For myself I'm more interested in cross-compatible executables. There's been some testing on that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
there os always something called sixaxis controller.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
What's so special about Pandora's OS?
I was under the impression that the main selling point of Pandora (among Cortex A8 linux-y handhelds) is their gaming-ready hardware..
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
What's so special about Pandora's OS?
I was under the impression that the main selling point of Pandora (among Cortex A8 linux-y handhelds) is their gaming-ready hardware..
the pandora has a ton of emulators and they all run smooth on it. its a lightweight os and so it can do all emulation without hassle. best part is that it has the same processor etc as the n900. so if the pandora is ported to n900, we could play ps1, n64 etc games smoothly.

having pandora os would give us the possibility of geting all the pandora games working with very few work

i'm thinking of the emulators using the gpu for example...

I love this idea, it would compensate for all the missing apps and games on the n900. Since the community is already at a stand still, no big name companies in site o.o for like 6 months, developers are appearing less in the forum and those remaining are disappearing and no big news about n900 for the past 2-3 weeks. This pandora os thing is a great idea, I think someone else mentioned it already though.

The Following User Says Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
is anyone interested in porting the pandora os on to the n900?

i found the link to the firmware and source if that helps.

http://openpandora.org/firmware/

Well, yeah the advantage would be all of the emulators and games but they're all open source and wouldn't be much of a hassle to just compile them for maemo.
While we're on that subject, anyone willing to recompile a GBA emu from pandora to maemo 5?

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick note...
Seriously, can it be done?
Light-weight operating system for N900, without eye-candy...
Is anything like this anywhere in the whole world?