Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
I bought this 1930mAh battery from e_cell on ebay and after putting it thug a lot of testing with good battery testing equipment i can report that the capacity was below 1000mAh not 1930mAh as advertised.
This was double confirmed when pealing off the sticker/label and seeing the battery "data" on the bare cell, witch was 800mAh.....

Just a warning for others out there thinking of buying this battery.

link:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1930mAh-BL-5J-...item2ead0c09a2

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
So now im sticking to my original plan off making my own custom battery for the phone.
Just have to wait for the parts to come

The home made battery v1.0 , will be at 2400mAh same as mugen power.

I really need the extra power, this is the greatest phone/computer i have ever had, and i only normally get 12 hours use on the orig battery.

I do however think that it is amazing to get so many hours out of this device on less than 5Wh battery, especially when comparing it to a laptop that has 50+Wh battery.

If you make the custom battery, please send the instructions to us. About the test with the 1930mAh battery, how did you tested it? (with a multimeter and an chronometer)?

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
most n900 users know whats going and don`t buy batterys from ebay.
but thanks for the warning

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
So now im sticking to my original plan off making my own custom battery for the phone.
Just have to wait for the parts to come

The home made battery v1.0 , will be at 2400mAh same as mugen power.

I really need the extra power, this is the greatest phone/computer i have ever had, and i only normally get 12 hours use on the orig battery.

I do however think that it is amazing to get so many hours out of this device on less than 5Wh battery, especially when comparing it to a laptop that has 50+Wh battery.
Nice!!! As i understood you are well informed about batteries ("making my own custom battery for the phone"), so here comes the question : Can a battery be more than 1350 mah and the same size with BL-5J (i mean not like muggean which makes the device thicker)?

so many questions

orig battery cap bigger?
- well yes but not by much i will go as far as 1500mAh for same size as orig battery

testing of FAKE 1930mAh battery?
- i have several pro battery chargers / dischargers and the capacity on the 1930@800mAh was measured to 806mAh.

My own battery?
it's going to be as big as mugen, with either modded orig back cover or a mugen XL cover (can buy the cover only)

Originally Posted by BLIZZARD View Post
Nice!!! As i understood you are well informed about batteries ("making my own custom battery for the phone"), so here comes the question : Can a battery be more than 1350 mah and the same size with BL-5J (i mean not like muggean which makes the device thicker)?
Making own batterys
- Yes i have my own "Electro Ciao" (vespa ciao converted to electric) and the battery is very homemade on it.

all so i should really dedicate some time soon to sell out of my battery stock....

How can an almost double capacity battery have the same dimensions as the original ? The picture on ebay tells that it's fake right from the start.

The Following User Says Thank You to aligatro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
How can an almost double capacity battery have the same dimensions as the original ? The picture on ebay tells that it's fake right from the start.
well i knew that it could not be 1930mAh but was hoping for at least 1200mAh witch would be a cheap extra battery.

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2010-10-20 at 20:07.

dealextreme now has a 2200 or 2300 mah (i forget) battery for 5800 with new cover. it could possibly fit under mugen cover on N900.