Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
i entered into a buggy state last night, where camera wouldnt take pictures or auto-focus, but the viewfinder worked. i cannot reproduce, and dont have a log.

btw, some poster putty, hidden in the screw tunnel under the sim door, is the best workaround for no focus-assist-lighting ive found yet.

i still would really like to lower viewfinder brightness, but just turning the viewfinder on/off would be sufficient. {focus rectangle and toggles should still be present of course}
I am glad you fond a solution for the assist light

I will implement a setting to lower the brightness of the viewfinder. I just didn't get to it yet.

Currently cameraplus doesn't restore the saved flash/exposure/... etc upon startup and I need to fix it before I add new features. I just need some more time

Camera neither capturing nor focusing sounds fishy. I'll try to reproduce it but if you ever do, please tell me how

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by latency View Post
Cool, that sounds like an interesting way of solving it! May the force be with you. It would certainly be a good feature if you succeed.
I am sorry. This feature needs someone more powerful like Master Windu

The problem is blocking the encoders is not enough. One needs to rewrite the timestamps for the data after we resume recording again otherwise you get a large pause in the video.

The issue is that the video stream going to the encoder is the same as the viewfinder and if I modify the timestamps then viewfinder will simply freeze.

I am sure there is a way out but I feel it will be fragile.

I am not dropping the feature from my TODO list. I might find a way to do it one day

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
I am sorry. This feature needs someone more powerful like Master Windu

The problem is blocking the encoders is not enough. One needs to rewrite the timestamps for the data after we resume recording again otherwise you get a large pause in the video.

The issue is that the video stream going to the encoder is the same as the viewfinder and if I modify the timestamps then viewfinder will simply freeze.

I am sure there is a way out but I feel it will be fragile.

I am not dropping the feature from my TODO list. I might find a way to do it one day
I'm glad you're giving it a go and making it a TODO. When you master time I'll call you Master Windu

The Following User Says Thank You to latency For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Madrid, Spain.
Hello
I thinking to try this app. The matter is that io would like to be sure that there is not problem uninstalling it, if i decide, later, to do it.

Thank you very much for your work and your help.

Oscar.

I have been trying to improve the post capture view a bit and ended up reworking it.
I am not yet happy with how it looks like now but since I hate to trash ideas without taking the opinion of my users, I decided to build a deb package and ask for opinions

I'd definitely appreciate if you guys would give it a try and tell me what you like and what you hate.
Attached Files
File Type: deb cameraplus_0.0.9-1_armel.deb (453.2 KB, 80 views)

i personally like the thumbnail screen, but swiping of some kind is essential. {im attached to the idea of there being a doubly linked list of images that im navigating}

i would also enormously prefer the overlay+thumbnails to start out hidden, and have tapping show it.

I liked the new post capture view...one question, is it possible add option to zoom in/out in post capture view? Incase if we need to have a close look into the picture we capture, inorder to decide if we want to keep it or not.
Second thing i also feel that the overlay + thumbnails should be hidden initially...

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

I also like the thumbnail row in the post capture screen. Maybe decrease the size of the thumbnail when clicking it...just a tad.
Ability to swipe between pictures would be good too.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Melbourne, Aus
@latency, swipe between pictures up and down not left and right ;-)

Originally Posted by Greendts View Post
@latency, swipe between pictures up and down not left and right ;-)
I want to do it left and right. It would be the right thing to do

Tags
?where is nemo?, thank you!