Active Topics

Notices

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I'm going to try the scripts out; thanks!

If the backend needs to be run every reboot we can just add it into /etc/init/apps/

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Cool, already added to billboard
Changed it to my favorite team and text alignment to "right", seems to work so far, lets see if it updates during next match ;-)
Do I get it right that meegoal_lpm_backend.py needs to be run after every reboot?
Yes, that's right, meegoal_lpm_backend needs to be running to update the view. That's because of the "1000 ms problem" with billboard and opening the data file of meegoal takes about 1,2 seconds, so no way to access the data directly. So as a workaround I read the data and save the information to be displayed in a seperate file. meegoal_lpm.py returns only the content of this seperate file to billboard. So if backend and meegoal itself is not running you will never get any data update.

Unfortunately there is another problem:
Billboard runs the script only if information on LPM like battery-status is updated, and I have no idea how I can manipulate it to update it for example every minute, while match is running.

btw.: working on Standings-UI, any suggestion for goalgetters?
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EmaNymton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by EmaNymton View Post
btw.: working on Standings-UI, any suggestion for goalgetters?
Unfortunately, no.
Highlighting of players of fav-team would be nice and follow the logic of the other screens, but as far as I see this information is not available.
With only names and number of goals available from OpenLigaDB, there is nothing I can think of other than a simple list with <place> <name> and <goals>.
I think a mockup is not really necessary or helpful here, let me know if you want one anyway...

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Unfortunately, no.
Highlighting of players of fav-team would be nice and follow the logic of the other screens, but as far as I see this information is not available.
With only names and number of goals available from OpenLigaDB, there is nothing I can think of other than a simple list with <place> <name> and <goals>.
I think it would be possible to identify the players teams out of my saved data, so fav-team notification should be possible. I'll try!
I could also show the penalty goals, if wanted, maybe in brackets behind the total goals.

I think it would be possible to identify the players teams out of my saved data, so fav-team notification should be possible. I'll try!
I could also show the penalty goals, if wanted, maybe in brackets behind the total goals.
Ok, in that case, here is a suggestion...
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip goalgetter1.zip (32.1 KB, 71 views)

QNeptunea -

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the mockup, I tried to collect the data but it's not reliable for goalgetters with a low score-count because of following reason:

I don't have any direct information between player and teamname so I count for player and every goal shot by this player the two teams of that game. If a player scores against two different teams its possible to identify the team because the cumulative count of one team is higher than any other team. But if a player shots two goals in one game you can not identify his team membership.

So what to do? It's not a problem if you are late in season, because there are a lot of players in the list which scored in more than one game. ( see screenshot)

Leave the team-textfield blank, if it's not definitly clear? Gamble?
Attached Images

Thanks for the mockup,
No problem, you´re welcome!

I don't have any direct information between player and teamname so I count for player and every goal shot by this player the two teams of that game. If a player scores against two different teams its possible to identify the team because the cumulative count of one team is higher than any other team. But if a player shots two goals in one game you can not identify his team membership.
Umm, sounds tricky, but isn´t there a relation "goal for team A by player X" that can be used?
Or if a match ends with no goal for one team, the relation goalgetter <-> team should also be clear?
Well, you are the developer and know better than me

So what to do? It's not a problem if you are late in season, because there are a lot of players in the list which scored in more than one game. ( see screenshot)

Leave the team-textfield blank, if it's not definitly clear? Gamble?
As in your screenshot all teams are correct, it seems your way of calculation seems to work pretty well, so I would vote for leave blank when not definitely clear.
There shouldn´t be to many cases with blanks I guess...

QNeptunea -

Well, you are the developer and know better than me
You are right and the developer's thoughts were to complicated

I found a better solution with no gambling at all, so no blanks needed

I'll try to finish the UI-Polishing and make a deb-file this weekend so you can test the new design before I'll send it to OVI QA.

Ok, new version can be found in the first post.

If you installed MeeGoal via ovistore please remove it first and then install the new deb 0.7.0. It's mainly an UI update and some minor fixes.
Saved data and configuration files should be still there after uninstall.
I had to reboot the device to start the new version properly.

I would like to hear some feedback

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmaNymton For This Useful Post:
french championship if possible