Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by V10lator View Post
That doesn't mean he knows the magic.

To explain that: There's a tool called MCE which controlls various aspects of your phone. Now Jolla Powersave Settings just does some dbus calls to tell MCE what to do but what MCE really does keeps beeing magic.
The source code may tell...

https://github.com/nemomobile/mce

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by V10lator View Post
That doesn't mean he knows the magic.
Sorry i did not mean he knows the magic, is just my answer.

I re-open this thread for a new weird behaviour...

When i get up from sleep and check my phone the data connection starts, that means that during all night had no connection.

I dont know if is a loss of coverage or what, any clue?

Thanks.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
I have that too sometimes. And my mum has that as well on her BB Passport. Since it also happens on BB10 it's not a Sailfish specific problem. I dunno what causes it.

Originally Posted by strobovalo View Post
I re-open this thread for a new weird behaviour...

When i get up from sleep and check my phone the data connection starts, that means that during all night had no connection.

I dont know if is a loss of coverage or what, any clue?

Thanks.
Or is it that you have had lost connection long time ago and it have come back and it just draws to the screen that it was connected when you turn the screen on? That is my guess.

Yes, after turn the screen on phone reconnects.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by strobovalo View Post
How do you know you've been without connection all night? Did someone send you an emal at 3am that you received only at 7am? Maybe it woke up every 30 minutes, connected, checked emails etc, then disconnected again and went into a deep sleep. When you woke up and checked it in the middle of that period, it had to go and connect.

Please note that I am merely speculating, I do not pretend to have an answer. I do not need to wait for the night, my Jolla loses the connection several times during the day. And I have to restart network connections at least 3 times a week.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
I suggest to install e.g. Sysmon application, that can monitor among other things also cellular and wlan connection, so to verify what's the phone behaviour.
Besides: why should the data connection be all the time on, unless you are streaming e.g. music 24/7?

@pichlo

Yes, something like that but with whatsapp messages... they appear at one time.

@minimos

Im not streaming music but if someone send a email/whatsapp/whatever i like to receive it at time, thank you for this app sounds interesting

The Following User Says Thank You to strobovalo For This Useful Post:
Yet another post here...

How can make a full uninstall of any app?