Notices

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
mp3 alarms are working fine here.

I did notice in the night mode, the tens digit continued to show in early AM at least until I tapped the screen to turn off the alarm. ie 3:15AM showed as 13:15AM. I woke up a couple of times and saw this. Although I could have been dreaming/half asleep, but pretty sure. After turning off the alarm, the tens digit was faded out like the rest of the "unlit" areas.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
mp3 alarms are working fine here.

I did notice in the night mode, the tens digit continued to show in early AM at least until I tapped the screen to turn off the alarm. ie 3:15AM showed as 13:15AM. I woke up a couple of times and saw this. Although I could have been dreaming/half asleep, but pretty sure. After turning off the alarm, the tens digit was faded out like the rest of the "unlit" areas.
I can confirm this. I woke up with the clock saying 17:30, when I went the alarm screen and back it had fixed itself.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
change Theme in bright dailight mode shows fine, but in changed night-time mode the button doesn't show - even though if you click on that spot, it does change back to daylight mode.
Please see my note in the original post which stated under "things to be done":
Specifically I think the "switch theme" button is missing on the "night theme"... don't worry, it's in exactly the same place as on the day screen, I just forgot to put the label there for it...
This will be fixed in the first actual release, but in my rush to get a preview to you guys I just missed it...

I set up Alarms for the morning and nothing played back.
That's not good... after you set the alarm did you go back to the main clock view? (alarms don't get sync'd until you do this). Also once you'd gone back to the clock view did a little message pop up saying "AlarmD Sync'd" a few seconds after you'd returned to the main view? Can you confirm that you did actually turn the alarm on and that the indicator for that day turned green (at the bottom where the day name is). Did the alarm just not play the sound, or did it not do anything at all? (when an alarm plays giant "turn alarm off " and "snooze" buttons should show up)

I like the seconds bar at the top with the seconds slider - nice touch - though not needed (as yet).
This was an extra that Ciro added to his first C-SDL version and I thought it was kind of cool, kept me from going crazy testing alarms... but it's up to the theme designer to decide if they want to have seconds there or not.

Anyways as Ciro suggested I'm going to start a new thread for this now that we've got something tangible so I'll post up the link for that shortly...
and here you go:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=346346

Last edited by jolouis; 2009-10-14 at 16:02.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Curaçao, Netherlands Antilles
OK for those of you who are missing libsdl-gfx.1.2-4, here's how to get it:

- in Xterminal, type:
sudo gainroot apt-get install libsdl-gfx1.2-4

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Long Island, New York
speaking of a flipclock...what are the chances that something similar can be made into a desktop clock widget like WinMo and certain HTC android devices (with weather included)

a "Today" widget

i know this is somewhat unrelated but it popped into my head the second i saw the screenshot

Lover of Music, Technology & Travel
If I'm not logged in, I'm probably jetsetting to a city near you...

The Following User Says Thank You to Swimm12984 For This Useful Post:
Support for non-latin characters would be greatly appreciated! Unfortunately the font used for date/month window doesn't support cyrillics.
Hourly chimes could make sense as well?

Tags
clock, flip clock