Notices

Well i have my n95-1 sitting here be nice to have this working on my n800... ;(

Is there any way for Maemo Mapper to support projections other than simple Mercator? I've put together a script that allows tiles from http://www.geoportail.fr to be output with sensible coordinates, but it uses a Lambert II Etendu projection (EPSG:27582). I am working on reprojection in the script, but I'm having trouble getting my head around proj.

Originally Posted by quazy View Post
I cant get maemo mapper to install. I get conflict with application packages
hildon-application-framework-rx34
libhildonmime0(2.0.2.1)
Any help would be great. Looking at buying a n95 here in a few days.
Same problem here. Running n800 with latest operating system firmware. I have an earlier version of Maemo-Mapper installed but it won't install the update.

Thanks for the help guys...anyone know of someone looking for a decent n800 and n95 just bought me a 8gb iphone to hold me over till the viliv s5 is released here in the states. I "tried "linux and must say the learning curve isnt bad it totaly sucks a**. I can see why the n800 hasnt and never will take off.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Mableton, GA USA
Originally Posted by rhackenb View Post
I would like to have a feature where, when you have a route loaded, you can have a display of distance to the end of the route or to a waypoint that stays on the screen. Currently that information only stays up on the screen for a second or two.
I know the above was an oldish posting, but I also think this would be a very good idea. Display a distance countdown using the same method as is currently used for displaying the current speed.

An invert colors option would also be nice for night use, and a flip screen horizontal and/or vertical option would allow me to place the 770 on my dash and use the display as a HUD reflected off the windshield.

Maemo Mapper is a WONDERFUL program, gnuite. Thank you so much for being willing to write such an application, and for making it available to us!

Couple of questions, and i'm sure they've been answered already, but:

1) Font size in the Display bar, how do i make it bigger? Its too small to read safely while driving.

2) How to stop the postion indicator and compass, etc from being so 'fidgety' (jumping around) when not moving. Looks like Godzilla is playing basketball with the car at every red light!

3) I prefer imperial units over metric. How do i change that in the display? In fact is there a universal setting for imperial/metric for the whole of the NIT?

4) Auto-centering. Is there a shortcut to turn this on/off? I like to scroll around the map to see whats coming up (especially when out hiking and using satellite maps), but then i have to go back through the menu to get autocentering back on. PITA.

Thanks.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Ireland
is the openstreemap.org functionality of Maemo Map going to be ported into the N900?