Posts: 59 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Helsinki, Finland
I don't seem to have mp-fremantle-pr installed:

W: Unable to locate package mp-fremantle-002-pr

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Pennsylvania, US
@tuXer: you probably installed some package via apt-get that couldn't co-exist with mp-fremantle-002-pr, causing it to be removed. That'll cause issues for you in the future as this package is what pulls all fremantle related packages into the system.

Last edited by rewt; 2010-01-13 at 13:47.

Originally Posted by rewt View Post
@tuXer: you probably installed some package via apt-get that couldn't co-exist with mp-fremantle-002-pr, causing it to be removed. That'll cause issues for you in the future as this package is what pulls all fremantle related packages into the system.
I think you are correct that the package has been unistalled.. but I did a little searching and 002 is US only, 003 UK only and generic for other countries like Finland.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuXer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Actually, 203 is UK (and probably 205 for Vodafone branded) - 003 is Middle East/North Africa.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by hopbeat View Post
@qwerty12, is that the version you are using on n900?http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=24564
That's the one.

color-ls dependency was removed by editing its control file and editing localepurge's configuration not to touch the man pages (rather stupid of me to enable it in the first place, but there you have it).

If you wish to install it, it should be safe as using dpkg to install the deb won't trigger its trigger, but you must edit its configuration file immediately if you want locales other than English to be kept.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
@qwerty12
does it move or delete the locales? Would be nice to have an undo button (In the form of copying them back from [opt] or wherever they were put in the first place).
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by mece View Post
@qwerty12
does it move or delete the locales? Would be nice to have an undo button (In the form of copying them back from [opt] or wherever they were put in the first place).
Deletes them.

If I get time, I may package it along with a quick GUI in the form of a dialog that allows you to select the locales you wish to keep.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Pennsylvania, US
Originally Posted by tuXer View Post
I think you are correct that the package has been unistalled.. but I did a little searching and 002 is US only, 003 UK only and generic for other countries like Finland.
I updated the script to detect the mp-fremantle-*-pr package installed and use that name, instead of hardcoding it. It'll automatically abort if it can't detect the name.

Originally Posted by rewt View Post
I updated the script to detect the mp-fremantle-*-pr package installed and use that name, instead of hardcoding it. It'll automatically abort if it can't detect the name.
Much better, thanks! Fixed the problem with mp-fremantle package, good to have it fixed before big update

Originally Posted by mece View Post
Here's a simple howto for those suffering from lack of space in rootfs:

The first one is more of a temporary matter, for example to get enough space to install an update, but it's also the fastest and easiest.

1. Disable extras-testing and extras-devel and third party repositories

Simply check the disabled box and save in the Application Manager's catalogues menu. wait for app manger to update the lists.
Of course this only helps if you actually had these repositories enabled.

Disabling extras-testing and extras-devel will (currently) give you an extra 11.5Mb in rootfs

2. Reinstall python

This one is a bit more work, but gives you around 20Mb.
If you installed a python application (for example FM Radio, Quicknote, Witter) before python was optified, you need to reinstall python. This will uninstall your python applications, so you will need to reinstall them after you're done. For this you need rootsh which is in extras.

check that app manger is not running
open xterm
type the following commands:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get remove python
This will prompt if you really want to do it and give a list of things that will be removed. It's good to check the list so you know which applications are going to be uninstalled.

then these commands:
Code:
apt-get remove python2.5
apt-get remove python-osso
apt-get autoremove
apt-get clean
I think I manually installed python-osso on my device, so that one might just say that it's not installed.

After that is done open application manager and reinstall the python applications. The new optified version of python will be automatically installed with them. Try with FM Radio for example.

When the program is installed, type df -h in the xterm to see if it worked.
The output should now contain these lines at the end:
Code:
/opt/pymaemo/usr/lib/python2.5
                       2064208    471712   1487640  24% /usr/lib/python2.5
/opt/pymaemo/usr/share/pyshared
                       2064208    471712   1487640  24% /usr/share/pyshared
/opt/pymaemo/usr/lib/pyshared
                       2064208    471712   1487640  24% /usr/lib/pyshared
/opt/pymaemo/usr/share/python-support
                       2064208    471712   1487640  24% /usr/share/python-support
/opt/pymaemo/usr/lib/python-support
                       2064208    471712   1487640  24% /usr/lib/python-support
Scroll up to see rootfs status. It should hopefully have more space now.
Little worried about doing this one because of

appinstaller

being listed in the dependent apps. I dont recall ever installing that and am worried its part of the base OS
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900