Posts: 211 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
Anyone updated to newest sailfish and checked, which patches work and which are not?

I am currently downloading update and soon going to update :P

Edit:

Working
Select text in browser
Show month and DoW heading
Upcoming events in calendar
Camera device at front
wall clock
Zoom patch
Maze lock
date in one line
disable volume warning
eventsview devicelock return
conversation backround avatar
enter key to send messages
Calllog timedisplay
Remorse timeouts control

Something strange, I lost patches that are concernin UI...

So Eventsview + launcher combined patch for example is not shown anymore in Patchmanager view in settings...

Plz help

Last edited by R1v3r; 2015-07-16 at 06:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to R1v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by R1v3r View Post
Something strange, I lost patches that are concernin UI...

So Eventsview + launcher combined patch for example is not shown anymore in Patchmanager view in settings...

Plz help
It's not really strange. These patches by coderus depend on a single Lipstick version (from the last update) and as Lipstick was updated to a newer version, these packages were automatically removed as part of the upgrade process.

You can try fixing the patches by changing their required Lipstick version in the spec and rebuilding them by yourself - for all we know, they could still work (even though I doubt it, as Lipstick is moving quite fast as we're approaching Sailfish 2.0).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 211 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
It's not really strange. These patches by coderus depend on a single Lipstick version (from the last update) and as Lipstick was updated to a newer version, these packages were automatically removed as part of the upgrade process.

You can try fixing the patches by changing their required Lipstick version in the spec and rebuilding them by yourself - for all we know, they could still work (even though I doubt it, as Lipstick is moving quite fast as we're approaching Sailfish 2.0).
Thanks for the quick response!

Ok. It seems that in my "skills" I need to wait to coderus update these patches or just wait for 2.0 and see, what it gives

The Following User Says Thank You to R1v3r For This Useful Post:
Any other workaround is to install the patches by rpm --nodeps -i

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by R1v3r View Post
Thanks for the quick response!

Ok. It seems that in my "skills" I need to wait to coderus update these patches or just wait for 2.0 and see, what it gives
Same here. Lack of skills will require me to wait for coderus to update the patches. If coderus can at least update Launcher Combined Patch and Eventsview Controls with settings applet patches then I will once again donate 10 euros to him

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Same here.. Most of patches work, only "Eventsview controls attached page" and "add Sneak Peak option to Display settings" not work. that mean you can't install it.
I just unpackaged them and moved files manually where them should be and all work without any problem...

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
My Jolla locked up again so I bought a new one as there's clearly a hw fault. So coderus has about a week until I get my *new* Jolla so he has time to update all and I will do 20 euros donation instead of 10 if he does update the patches I mentioned

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Same here.. Most of patches work, only "Eventsview controls attached page" and "add Sneak Peak option to Display settings" not work. that mean you can't install it.
I just unpackaged them and moved files manually where them should be and all work without any problem...
Manual placing of files to corresponding directories is not necessary. Installing proper packages from terminal with devel-su privileges and --force option worked like a charm in my case. These command worked for me:

zypper install --force sailfishos-displa
y-sneak-peak sailfishos-eventsview-controls-attached

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to madry72 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
My Jolla locked up again so I bought a new one as there's clearly a hw fault. So coderus has about a week until I get my *new* Jolla so he has time to update all and I will do 20 euros donation instead of 10 if he does update the patches I mentioned
Crazy! Why not 100 euro lol, Coderus cant be forced but wil apreciate ur 100 don lol

'Cause I'm donating to various devs/companies and independent creators (a few YT'ers, for example) and that's already quite costly when you count the totals. If I donate 100 euros to coderus then others won't get my money for this month and I don't like that idea

The Following User Says Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os