Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@juiceme
Try taking out the battery first. It usually helps(in my case) and keeps the device from issues for several(2-3) days.
Even starting to pry open the TOH ends the reboot loop usually.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@juiceme
Try taking out the battery first. It usually helps(in my case) and keeps the device from issues for several(2-3) days.
Even starting to pry open the TOH ends the reboot loop usually.
Taking off battery, and booting without TOH were the first things I tried, but no help there.
The fix was to boot to rescue console and select the option 5, "btrfs loop recovery"

Now it's running just like nothing ever happened

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Another problem has risen: what to wear?

Starting from the left: Instamat covers for Jolla, Jollas, various TOHs and Kimmoli designed pcbs.

Jollas starting from the top: Possible N900 replacer (at the moment alternative private phone), current business phone (replaces my N9 starting from today) and last but not least, hobby phone, reserved for tinkering.

Picture taken with N900. It can do better, but I was in a bit of a hurry.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tsippaduida For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Now I had the first time my Jolla went to reboot-loop
So I do believe it is possible. I guess I was just lucky before as I never experienced this before.
Any idea what you may have done that triggered the reboot-loop on your device?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Not really, no. I did not think I did anyhting special to cause it.

I had just the browser and email open, I was reading TMO on the browser when something happened and the device froze first, then booted.

When it started booting up, it went to fast-cycle reboot loop, the "Jolla" text came in for maybe 2...3 seconds, then it went dark for 2...3 seconds and so on. No reaction to power button, and when I removed the battery it went straight on to same cycling after I inserted it.

To cure it, I connected it to my PC, pressed vol-down and inserted battery. When it detected the USB connection it created the IP address 10.42.66.80 on the linux box. I tried telnetting to 10.42.66.66 as adviced, but it as not reachable.
After that I manually gave the linux end the IP address 192.168.2.14 and managed to telnet to the device at 192.168.2.15.

After giving my security code as password, I got the menu and used the option 5 to break the looping.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi. My friend in Switzerland has contacted me and said my Jolla Phone with extra keira black OH has arrived! I should have it in a few weeks! I currently have several android apps I bought from the google play store. Can I just copy the app to my jolla phone and install? What problems are folks experiencing with running android apps on Jolla phone. Is it hit or miss? Is there a list of android apps that appear to be working. On my android phones some apps are compatible with ice cream sandwich but do not work on jelly bean. Could this be an issue with Jolla. Sorry if this is all posted elsewhere. Just thought I'd check here. Thanks!

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
We get update in next week!! Cant wait

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi. My friend in Switzerland has contacted me and said my Jolla Phone with extra keira black OH has arrived! I should have it in a few weeks! I currently have several android apps I bought from the google play store. Can I just copy the app to my jolla phone and install? What problems are folks experiencing with running android apps on Jolla phone. Is it hit or miss? Is there a list of android apps that appear to be working. On my android phones some apps are compatible with ice cream sandwich but do not work on jelly bean. Could this be an issue with Jolla. Sorry if this is all posted elsewhere. Just thought I'd check here. Thanks!
Installing directly from APK works fine, but installing paid apps straight from play crashes the store. Most apps work on any newer android version (not sure what alien dalvik is emulating) and are only restricted in play.

The Following User Says Thank You to parasemic For This Useful Post:
The paid apps can be found in a temp directory after play store crash, can be renamed to .apk and installed, so no problem there. Well, except for the inconvenience of finding and renaming them, but it could be worse

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozymandias For This Useful Post:
alien dalvik runs 4.1.2 if i remember.

paid apps from google play store mostly won't work. they have dependencies on the google play apps and services that need to be installed in the dalvik VM. if you install those then it might work.

The Following User Says Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience