Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
@robthebold
If you look closely, there is version 2.0 of Guitar Tuner for N9. About Afinatron, try putting "/download" after the link and/or with a proxy server.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
@robthebold
If you look closely, there is version 2.0 of Guitar Tuner for N9. About Afinatron, try putting "/download" after the link and/or with a proxy server.
Aha. I thought the *_harmattan versions were for Harmattan and the *_armel versions were for Maemo, but no, you're right, there is a 2.0 for Harmattan. Don't know why the author changed the naming scheme. 2.0 is better than 1.3.1, although still just a guitar tuner, not a general purpose tuner. And still, I can only hear the pitch tones for the last two strings.

I found an application called "Tune It" in the Nokia Store. It is exclusively a guitar tuner, and more specifically, it is pitch pipe/tuning fork tone generator. It doesn't compare played tone to the reference, it just generates a reference tone and you tune the string by ear.

So I think the statement that there is no true equivalent of "tuner" in Harmattan still stands. There are some options for guitar tuners, but not a chromatic tuner.

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Jolla is going to have to develop their own apps. Android will turn off that access as soon as it sees serious competition. I think the link above summarizes it well. Jolla is just another wannabe in a very mature market. They have no money, no real innovation, and no ecosystem. I think this sums up their chance of success: close to zero.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Jolla is going to have to develop their own apps. Android will turn off that access as soon as it sees serious competition. I think the link above summarizes it well. Jolla is just another wannabe in a very mature market. They have no money, no real innovation, and no ecosystem. I think this sums up their chance of success: close to zero.
yup. everybody need to buy lumia/android/ios. real innovation starts theere.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
now, ubuntu edge did something different and rased a lot of interest........thanks to the leadership of Ubuntu....and where is Jolla leadership? who is the leader there?

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
now, ubuntu edge did something different and rased a lot of interest........thanks to the leadership of Ubuntu....and where is Jolla leadership? who is the leader there?
vote lumiaman for jolla's leader

The Following User Says Thank You to soryuuha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Updated first post with official specs.Personally, I'm fine with most except for screen resolution, really disapointing regarding the selling price.

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
You didn't update the Other Half interface section.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
does it have fm radio, dolby digital plus, amoled, gorilla glass,

even huawei ascend p1 does have all of above!

The Following User Says Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
You didn't update the Other Half interface section.
That's the topic about NFC and I2C ? Sorry, I don't read finnish...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla