Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
My own tests from yesterday comparing microB with Opera on my N810 showed that microB was about 60% faster than Opera.

Would love to hear other Diabo/Maemo4 users thoughts.

Opera is a fantastic looking browser but right now I can't see switching to it on my N810 due to how slow it is.

I am also experiencing quite a few random crashes using Opera - so once again would love to hear from more Diablo users as I am never assuming that things can't be due to an individual device (or user...).
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by mehdiE View Post
This is probably why AdBlock and FlashBlock are two of the most popular Firefox addons
Yes because make perfect sense to have control what I want to see.
Avoid adds etc, but if I want to see would be nice to have a choice

(Flash content, click to play) simple, the only shame is that those blockers are loading the swf anyway they are not really blockers.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
On my N800 Opera uses constantly 100% CPU which drains the battery in no time. On N900 the situation is better probably due to the changes in power saving in Maemo 5 (the Opera guys did say that power saving is not working in Opera).

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
On my N800 Opera uses constantly 100% CPU which drains the battery in no time.
I thought it was just me but yes, the battery power is draining quickly on my N810 when using Opera.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
I thought it was just me but yes, the battery power is draining quickly on my N810 when using Opera.
This is (at least partly) part of the know issues listed on the official release page: http://labs.opera.com/news/2010/05/11/

There's no power management in Opera Mobile as of yet. Means that if you've got a page loaded that contains animated elements, it will keep using up your CPU even if the page isn't currently shown on the screen. If you've got a page with no animation (such as this very page), Opera shouldn't use any CPU at all when idle.

Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
Opera mobile never had flash. Mobile safari has no flash.
Opera did on the n770

Last edited by anthony_barker; 2010-05-11 at 16:04.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Ministeri View Post
For me the UI of Opera is easily the best of these browsers. It leaves behind Fennec which I earlier loved. MicroB is far away from both of these browsers.
Huge thanks to making this test but quoted part is pretty sick.

UI speed fast in fennec? WTF seriously. First mobile version of firefox was just terrible showcase of stutterness and nightly builds on my N900 are starting to be usable to ME. Kinetic scrolling is just not acceptable and responsiveness is not good. For example swiping your finger up&down fast on microb and page follows, in firefox...man..itīs just slow.

Should I flash my device again or what is going on here?

.edit
And One important thing! Please could you also add that how long it takes to go BACK on some of your pages. I would be really really interested on that measurement

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Huge thanks to making this test but quoted part is pretty sick.

UI speed fast in fennec? WTF seriously. First mobile version of firefox was just terrible showcase of stutterness and nightly builds on my N900 are starting to be usable to ME. Kinetic scrolling is just not acceptable and responsiveness is not good. For example swiping your finger up&down fast on microb and page follows, in firefox...man..itīs just slow.

Should I flash my device again or what is going on here?

.edit
And One important thing! Please could you also add that how long it takes to go BACK on some of your pages. I would be really really interested on that measurement
I wasn't talking anything about the speed of Fennec UI. I just like the design and the way it works. Opera UI though is very slick.

Opera back button takes you to previous page immediately.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Ministeri View Post
I wasn't talking anything about the speed of Fennec UI. I just like the design and the way it works. Opera UI though is very slick.

Opera back button takes you to previous page immediately.
Ok. Thanks for info. Thatīs the least what I would expect from Opera Just what I also expected from MicroB out of box. Damn. Just sweet.

Opera looks good. I'll be very happy when zoom support arrives though..

Edit: Found it though. There's zoom support.. just not by rotating or using the button. Setting set to some fixed zoom amount, then a nice tap will zoom in. I like it. This is better than MicroB. Now if rotate-zoom and/or button-zoom was added to that, it would be just perfect.

The only problem so far is that sometimes it crashes.

Last edited by TA-t3; 2010-05-12 at 13:11.