http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/16/n...ical-design-i/

Nokia hits back after Apple suggests all other phone manufacturers have the same issue. Not sure why Apple couldn't just admit they have an issue.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Because Apple cares alot about their public image.

Nokia should prioritize customer service and communication too.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I wonder if people were this angry with the Nokia e71 when it exhibited the same behavior...

Oh well. They prioritize antenna performance. How about OS and customer support being at least in the top 5 too?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
does Apple really care? The sell rate of the IPhone 4 speaks for itself, and I'm quite sure that Nokia has never sold with this speed.
I honestly am a bit worried with Nokias "turn around" rate regarding cool phones. N900 is a clumpsy brick compared to any IPhone - I'm happy with my N900 - but let's be fair, Nokia hardware design is not good enough ATM.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nikolajhendel For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Does Apple really care? Does any company really care?

No. Or else we'd have better products that falter less in our hands.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
So they prioritize antenna over physical design? Big frickin whoop!

Here's a thought, how about prioritizing your frickin OS. How about prioritizing making a useable device that in 2010 can actually sync properly with my PC.

Better yet, how about prioritizing not screwing over your customers by end of lifing their (new) OS and then telling them that your (newer) OS won't be supported on their device.

Goddammit Nokia. If you open your stupid mouth one more time, i'm gonna pwn you even harder next time.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to techngro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
why do they put the antenna in the bottom where you're guaranteed to block at least some of the signal when talking on the phone then?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Well. How about that. I'm glad to see where Nokia has its priorities. Despite everything else, they clearly can design one mean antennae.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
why do they put the antenna in the bottom where you're guaranteed to block at least some of the signal when talking on the phone then?
Because that's farthest away from your head, and minimizes radiation absorbed in your head (SAR); yay for regulations.

Besides, it's not like you can put it somewhere else inside the phone and not be guaranteed to block the signal -- again, the whole head thing. The design goals of a mobile phone are seriously contradictory -- good radio performance at 850-2100MHz (wavelengths 14-6 inches) in the smallest possible package, and "normal" conditions involve being held directly against a loud-mouthed waterbag which must be protected from excessive radio absorption. The design is always a compromise, and it's honestly pretty incredible that most mobiles work as well as they do, especially considering all the additional obstacles (camera, battery, etc.) further restricting the available antenna space in a modern smartphone.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Ahem.

http://cimota.com/blog/2010/07/06/wh...ice-drops-off/

Very, VERY appropriate article... and he mentions the 770/N800/N810/N900 line, too.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia cares