Closed Thread
Media player is always messing up, i can be listening to the internet radio and then want to listen to a song and it never plays, i have to reboot the phone, and thats when the media player works as i usually get a message saying the media player isnt responding. If I do want to listen to the internet radio I have to first connect to the internet and then launch the media player, else it doesnt work.

Its absoloutly **** rotation thing, whenever I use the phone it rotates all the time, even though ive turned the setting off.

Absoloutly **** signal, for example I can never get a signal at work and browse the internet, yet everyone else with their phones can? Absoloute wank. Always getting internet connection failed, and even when the signal is on full bars and its on 3.5g, webpages dont work at times.

Its laggy.

The Ovi store is an absoloute joke.

For some reason when I try to update things it says there is not enough memory or somthing along those lines, when infact theirs loads.

Absoloutly **** playlist feature.

Another problem with the music player, it takes ages to load all my songs up, and when scrolling down to a song/artist in the list it always seems to scroll past what I want, it usually jumps from E > Y for example, and when I do play a song, for some reason I cant replay that song.

The horrific battery time and battery reading. I turn everything off (3G etc) and the battery hardly lasts, and at times the battery has been on take for example half a charge, I turn the phone off and then back on the battery is near empty. It also takes ages to charge via USB.

The list is endless.

I just want to know why Nokia think it is okay to release such an unstable phone? Im paying 35 quid a month for this peice of **** not to work. Theres so many times I feel like just smashing it up, it annoys me so much.

I think the only decent thing about the phone is the camera.

Knew I should have got a blackberry or iPhone.

Rant over. Flame all you want. Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adotsri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Queens, NY
Blackberry? LOL, I don't know about that. An iPhone ...maybe.

N900 best phone I ever used and runs great!

---
Who but me?!
--HeavyC.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavyComponent For This Useful Post:
Why do you people always feel the need to start new whine threads? Can you at least have the dignity to post in existing similar threads? This is so old and meaningless..

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to barzam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2010 @ limassol cyprus
ill buy it off ya for 35 quid!:-D

The Following User Says Thank You to n900 lover For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
See, I read your pointless rambling rant and the only bit I need to see is...

"For some reason when I try to update things it says there is not enough memory or somthing along those lines, when infact theirs loads."

I'll give you a hint. Did it ever occur to you that maybe you're wrong and the phone's right? I know it's probably hard for someone like you to imagine a world in which you could possibly be wrong, but just try it. If the device is telling you it's run out of rootfs space (let me guess, you havent heard of that, havent bothered looking into it, and just assume you have "loads of space" because the 32gb eMMC isnt full yet) then it probably is, and that's also almost guaranteed to be the source of pretty much every other problem you've drivelled on about.

Go take a look at that, then come back with a sensible non-whiney post asking how you might have filled your rootfs partition, what the consequences of that are, and if anyone can help you sort it out, instead of drivelling on blaming anything you can think of, and you might suddenly find you get a helpful response and a working device.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to nidO For This Useful Post:
Do you feel better now?
I love the N900 so much I bought a backup. Can't wait to test Meego on it.
There are issues that irritate, as there were on my Android phone. I even agree with some of your rant. But over all I love it.
Sell it and move on.

The Following User Says Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Im reaching for my popcorn !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bandofbrothers For This Useful Post:
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Another whiner... Cool!

Before this thread is closed, I'll counterattack with xkcd!

The only difference is that it's not an 'app', it's the operational system that does that.

Well, goodbye, adotsri. Good luck with your new android phone. You and your whining will not be missed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patola For This Useful Post:
Posts: 532 | Thanked: 949 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Uk for 6months then Thailand
Originally Posted by adotsri View Post
Media player is always messing up, i can be listening to the internet radio and then want to listen to a song and it never plays, i have to reboot the phone, and thats when the media player works as i usually get a message saying the media player isnt responding. If I do want to listen to the internet radio I have to first connect to the internet and then launch the media player, else it doesnt work.

Its absoloutly **** rotation thing, whenever I use the phone it rotates all the time, even though ive turned the setting off.

Absoloutly **** signal, for example I can never get a signal at work and browse the internet, yet everyone else with their phones can? Absoloute wank. Always getting internet connection failed, and even when the signal is on full bars and its on 3.5g, webpages dont work at times.

Its laggy.

The Ovi store is an absoloute joke.

For some reason when I try to update things it says there is not enough memory or somthing along those lines, when infact theirs loads.

Absoloutly **** playlist feature.

Another problem with the music player, it takes ages to load all my songs up, and when scrolling down to a song/artist in the list it always seems to scroll past what I want, it usually jumps from E > Y for example, and when I do play a song, for some reason I cant replay that song.

The horrific battery time and battery reading. I turn everything off (3G etc) and the battery hardly lasts, and at times the battery has been on take for example half a charge, I turn the phone off and then back on the battery is near empty. It also takes ages to charge via USB.

The list is endless.

I just want to know why Nokia think it is okay to release such an unstable phone? Im paying 35 quid a month for this peice of **** not to work. Theres so many times I feel like just smashing it up, it annoys me so much.

I think the only decent thing about the phone is the camera.

Knew I should have got a blackberry or iPhone.

Rant over. Flame all you want. Thanks.
Grow up and go buy the crap your wee brain can handle.... Next time read about what you are letting yourself in for..

Qosmio ( Very bored with people like you)

http://s1031.photobucket.com/albums/y372/q0smio/

N900 x 2 Overclocked at 900 Mhz.
Samsung Galaxy S 2
iPhone 4 (Jailbroken)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qosmio For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nidO View Post
See, I read your pointless rambling rant and the only bit I need to see is...

"For some reason when I try to update things it says there is not enough memory or somthing along those lines, when infact theirs loads."

I'll give you a hint. Did it ever occur to you that maybe you're wrong and the phone's right? I know it's probably hard for someone like you to imagine a world in which you could possibly be wrong, but just try it. If the device is telling you it's run out of rootfs space (let me guess, you havent heard of that, havent bothered looking into it, and just assume you have "loads of space" because the 32gb eMMC isnt full yet) then it probably is, and that's also almost guaranteed to be the source of pretty much every other problem you've drivelled on about.

Go take a look at that, then come back with a sensible non-whiney post asking how you might have filled your rootfs partition, what the consequences of that are, and if anyone can help you sort it out, instead of drivelling on blaming anything you can think of, and you might suddenly find you get a helpful response and a working device.

This is one problem out of hundreds, I have given up on the phone, its funny how I never had this on my old iphone when updating, yet with this piece of **** I keep coming across problem after problem. When I buy a phone, i expect it to work, i dont want to have to come on the internet and research every single ****ing problem with the phone in order to get it working.

The phone is useless.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adotsri For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
fanboy denial, garyc2010wanker, worstthreadever