Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bulgaria
Any movement

The announcement was on the 13th, two weeks in working days could mean 15 working days, 5 days a week so 3 common mortal weeks, aka 21 days: there are 31 days in october, so I guess the 3rd of november could be a better day to ask for movements

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Hmm, I know what you're saying - when a business says, for example, 3 to 5 days, they mean working days. But once you get into weeks it normally means actual weeks.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Apply Westheimer's rule: To estimate the time it takes to do a task: Estimate the time you think it should take, multiply by two and change the unit of measure to the next highest unit.

Thus, we'll get 3D drivers in 4 months.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Or apply the openpandora.org rule: We'll get them in 2 months (from whatever day you read this).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
TI has promised publicly the release of the drivers and you have a direct contact in TI to ask further questions if needed.
Sooo.... Time to poke the 'direct contact' for info ?

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
And he is?

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Ameet Suri was the guy at the TI presentation on the Summit, if that's who qgil is referring to... I was on another session at the time so have no detailed info on what exactly has been said on this topic.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Dear Maemo Community,

We would like to apologise for the delay of these drivers. In recompense, we would like to give you $100,000 and the IVA drivers as our way of saying sorry. All we will need from you is a bank account number in which to deposit the funds and $5,000 as a deposit (the IVA drivers are not cheap) on which we will return when we pay you your $100,000.

Yours,
TI

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Ameet Suri was the guy at the TI presentation on the Summit, if that's who qgil is referring to... I was on another session at the time so have no detailed info on what exactly has been said on this topic.
I have mailed him a couple of days ago, will see what he answers. Was also about topics such as where we should be looking for it, how people gain access, any quirks, etc.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: