Active Topics

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Winchester, UK
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Quite so. IMEI already noted ...
Yeah, but you can't tell if they send me your broken N9 and send you mine

I'm fairly confident they won't (at least not without explanation) - so far they've been professional, responsive and helpful.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by jonquark View Post
so far they've been professional, responsive and helpful.
Yes, must concur. I am definitely not complaining about Handtec. They've been very good; it is not their fault that a number of their handsets were flakey.

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
See below what means when bird gets really angry...
Just for you to know, I opened thread on nokia discussion site linking back to this thread ( http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...s/td-p/1192015 )

My product code is 059J1V8 (black 64 n9) and that kind of problems aren't with handtec sourced n9 only.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to tjsgls For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tjsgls View Post
See below what means when bird gets really angry...
Just for you to know, I opened thread on nokia discussion site linking back to this thread ( http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...s/td-p/1192015 )

My product code is 059J1V8 (black 64 n9) and that kind of problems aren't with handtec sourced n9 only.
Yep. I had that as well. Recovered back to basic working condition (i.e. crashes, lockups etc but at least not dead) by reflashing several times.

OK. Now returned my handset to Handtec. We'll see what happens.

Interestingly (or not) once I reset the device completely through the menu (which took a couple of goes due to crash/lockuo) and had removed my SIM, the phone seemed to be behaving a bit better. I suspect this is coincidental, however.

I should also state, like others, that even after only a couple of days with the phone I find myself trying to swipe now I'm back on my N900.

Last edited by strongm; 2011-11-05 at 15:08.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Riga, Latvia
Mine just rebooted out of thin air after two days of flawless operation. Syslog and dmesg output attached.

Any ideas how to continuously "tail" the dmesg to a file in order I to get the output just before it reboots next time? There's no /var/log/dmesg or anything like that, /proc/kmesg is protected by Aegis (thank you!) and tail -f doesn't work on dmesg
Attached Files
File Type: gz log-reboot.tar.gz (14.0 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by sunc; 2011-11-05 at 20:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to sunc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 303 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Install the logging option under settings -> security -> development. it will install klogd which sends the kernel log to /var/log/syslog..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cpitchford For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Corfe Castle, Dorset, UK
i've used today iPhone 4, HTC sensation and my n900... I tried swiping on all of them... and whilst the sensation is nice hardware, reminds me why I don't like android, pile of dogshit :P

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Interestingly (or not) once I reset the device completely through the menu (which took a couple of goes due to crash/lockup) and had removed my SIM, the phone seemed to be behaving a bit better. I suspect this is coincidental, however.
Agreed.
Having flashed / clear device using various combinations / switches, the end result is always the same. On occasions appears to be resolved, as I tax it by launching as many apps, streaming etc. But sooner or later back to same crash/reboots.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by Faz View Post
Agreed.
Having flashed / clear device using various combinations / switches, the end result is always the same. On occasions appears to be resolved, as I tax it by launching as many apps, streaming etc. But sooner or later back to same crash/reboots.
I've have this on occasion without having done any flashing or resetting of the device. At some point it even looked like the device started working correctly after 22:00... Had times where after a crash/reboot, I could play the bundled games for hours without failures and times where I didn't get to the play a level several times in a row.

Anyways, I've send in my RMA form with Handtec, hope that it works out.

Secretly I was hoping that by now we already would have had an official announcement or recall by Nokia or Handtec about a failed batch. Because that fully restores trust...

(Maybe some customs office had there scanner set wrong and fried some chips )

The Following User Says Thank You to trbs For This Useful Post: