Active Topics

Originally Posted by pali View Post
feel free to edit wiki page
OK, I will do. I will add (?) to my suggestions as they are untested.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Birmingham
Originally Posted by tuxsavvy View Post
170G .
170G total
Well thats not a lot 170 GB? is that it?

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Birmingham
BTW: debian arm/armel is only 49 GB.... not sure what other catagories we would need (if any) but the whole thing is only 610 GB

feel free to edit wiki page
I would suggest to purge some not critical packages from the list
as all the 3rd party installers, the games stuff as they are not
needed for basic operation. Is there a way to grey them out in the
wiki table?

I do not know, I'm new to wiki. But please do not remove any package from list. You can mark them as 3rd or do not mark Needed for N900

I do not know, I'm new to wiki. But please do not remove any package from list. You can mark them as 3rd or do not mark Needed for N900
Ok, will let them untouched for now.

Carsten Munk wrote me:
I refuse to publish because 1) they depend on a dataset from internal nokia that i can't distribute and 2) the scripts are so hacky and ugly noone would want to use them

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by davedickson View Post
Well thats not a lot 170 GB? is that it?
Mind you this is from a very old mirror that I did awhile back. It was the size for what it would have used from almost 3 months ago (the last update was sometime around April). Also the usual other rules apply such as the fact it does not contain any downloads.maemo.nokia.com repository, the harmattan-dev repository and any other repositories that I may have missed (which includes repositories like opera, some of the repositories which simply cannot be mirrored via the same tool) and repository like catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com is unusually small.

Still I estimate after one does a full mirror it may only require at most 250GB, and that should in theory include everything, including some of the sources that cannot be obtained easily (those of you whom mirrored some repositories that contained sources which were later on pulled down/out would know what I mean).

Mind you, community developments for N900 is still ongoing so fremantle mirror may end up becoming a fairly large space eater versus the rest of the maemo tablets

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
You could also add free OVI applications:
https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle1.2/ovi/

But to be able to download the packages, the patched apt binary is needed. By the way, I think it should be included in CSSU as it fixes a "bug".

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
You could also add free OVI applications:
https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/fremantle1.2/ovi/

But to be able to download the packages, the patched apt binary is needed. By the way, I think it should be included in CSSU as it fixes a "bug".
sure, report CSSU bug/send patch.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:

Tags
apt-mirror, closed packages, futureproofing, orphaned, repository dump