Active Topics

I haven't tested this kind of functionality, but I thought about creating an app called "Black Rabbit" which abuses the vibration feature while autoplaying Whitesnake's "Is This Love". With intensity modifyer (automated, if needed) and image slideshow. Unfortunately the vibration transmits to a half pulled out stylus insufficiently.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acou For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Pittsburgh
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Dropped it in the snow back during the Blizzard we had on the East coast..
same here! i let out such a girlie gasp it wasn't even funny! totally undamaged tho *whew*

worst thing was trying out that silly mplayer or whatever....started a video & it was only playing in a tiny little box on the side so i tried to stretch it out with stylus, which somehow put a scratch on my screen! the screen protector i ordered came in the next day!

dumbest thing was deleting all the icons when i thought i was just deleting copies of the icons...had to reflash the whole phone...

Very nice threat.

The most stupid thing I did was to move with "mv" instruction all the usr directory to home directory. all was fine till I tries to reboot the devide...

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I installed Joiku, that was my biggest mistake I did

Afterwards nothing WLAN related worked anymore and the Joiku support wasn't able to fix the issue too!

I gave it to my cousin about 2 days after I got it. He dropped it on a manky old bus floor and scratched the screen. To this day it is still the only scratch on the device. I was pissed.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
i dint really think it was this stupid but it did turn out to be..

my first day with n900..i had to tranfer a lot of contacts from my old phone..i thot i would do multiple rounds using the sim..so dint put the battery cover on..as soon as i started the phone,i got INTERNAL ERROR: APP CAMERA FAILED. device reboots 17 times n it bricks.

Am based in India and N900 isnt launched here yet..so no service n not poss to return it also..i was devastated..$600 is a lot of money here

The first thing i learned about N900 was HOW TO UNBRICK IT
thanks to this community..

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sheffield, England.
was filming a snowball fight at uni.. =D... the phone got hit and flew out of my hands ... had to dig it out of the snow .. ;D.. thankfully no scratches and works fine.. !

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
dumbest thing i ever done was loading this thread up on my n900 to read more pointless threads.

The Following User Says Thank You to lucas777 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ecuador
Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
dumbest thing i ever done was loading this thread up on my n900 to read more pointless threads.
lol im rolling out over the floor!!

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Not N900, but applying a cheap hard case protector to my Touch Pro2 which then proceeded to scratch the hell out of my new Touch Pro2 I found out when I took it off. I only get soft silicone or gel cases now.

Tags
biterror == fail, read this thread