When you use the short codes, don't use yes or no, they are for the long forms.
So: /usr/bin/gvm/gvm -O -z 1.5 -f -i D050 -a PLDE -u "Xxx Xxx:1107"
I know it's a bit confusing because _some_ of the short options need the parameter (e.g. -z).

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ China
TA-t3,
Thanks! It worked this time--well, actually, the GVM crashed the first time and I lost my setup, but I was able to get it restored and working finally!

Next-up, setting up eight gvm.store's and seeing if I can get them working well enough for me to have access to my most important Palm TX apps on the n810!

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ China
Hello all,
Just for future reference, here's the longest chain of options after the "gvm" command that I've gotten to work (in a script):

Code:
#!/bin/sh#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/gvm/gvm -a IMGE -O -f -i D050 -n XXXXXXXXXXXX -u "Xxx Xxx:1107" -z 1.5 -L 0x0000,0x0000,0x0000 -g gvm.store_1
/usr/bin/gvm is where the "gvm" command is located

-a IMGE launches Resco Explorer

-O sets rotation

-f sets fullscreen

-i D050 is the Device ID for a Palm TX

-n XXXX... sets the serial number. I found mine using the information tab in Filez (I suspect it might affect the device number that Mobipocket generates, but I haven't tried it yet). In Filez, my serial number came with an "-N" at the end. For the gvm command, just leave the "-N" off.

-u "Xxx Xxx:1107" sets the Hotsync ID. The four-digit number after the Hotsync ID is optional, as far as I understand. I found "1107" within one of the files that is similar to where the Hotsync ID is stored (sorry, I forgot where, but you can look around with Resco Explorer)

-z 1.5 sets the magnication

-L 0x0000,0x0000,0x0000 sets the background to black [Thanks, dfinch!]

-g gvm.store_1 launches from a specified gvm.store file located within /home/user/.gvm [Thanks, burmashave!] so you can have multiple Palm VM's

Now, to find out if I can launch the gvm-launcher program with a Hotsync ID option!

Last edited by Palmleavr; 2009-03-28 at 03:43. Reason: forgot code

Tags
desktop, gvm, scripts