Active Topics

Notices

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I think the nokia repo is down again and the phone can't download the dependencies, but on the other hand, on PR1.2+ no deps should be downloaded. Anyway try again later. Latest version for N9 is 1.0.4

If you don't want to bother looking for the latest version and don't mind risking a broken version once in a while you can add my repo.

If you want the latest stable you can add rzr's repo. It's a bit outdated right now, but I will import 1.0.4 there soon.

By the way if someone still is on 1.2 I need some help. (on N9, that is)

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Last edited by qwazix; 2012-12-17 at 09:42.

actually, regarding some of the earlier report on the final image being darker then stock, i notice that the center of the image have a normal exposure, but as it gets towards the side of the image, it will have more blueish color, suspect this is due to the post processing..

I have uploaded an image on the attachment, it's taken from N9, using 1.04 that i have just installed.
Hope that helps
Attached Images

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by BBXiong View Post
actually, regarding some of the earlier report on the final image being darker then stock, i notice that the center of the image have a normal exposure, but as it gets towards the side of the image, it will have more blueish color, suspect this is due to the post processing..

I have uploaded an image on the attachment, it's taken from N9, using 1.04 that i have just installed.
Hope that helps
It is an effect called "Vignetting" and is sensor derived. Post processing can remove it and indeed photos from the stock apps tend not to display it for that reason. Search the forums and you will see much discusion of it concerning the n900.

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
It is an effect called "Vignetting" and is sensor derived. Post processing can remove it and indeed photos from the stock apps tend not to display it for that reason. Search the forums and you will see much discusion of it concerning the n900.
IIRC vignetting is mostly lens related and it happens as the lens is not able to give even amount of light to the sensor's edges. (same ofcourse applies to conventional camera's film) If you look at very old photographs they often have strong vignetting.

In camera (or phone in this case) processing is not very good anyways as it has only small fraction of time and resources compared to doing the same on a powerful desktop with good image manipulation software. So I guess we are better off removing vignetting from raw images.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
IIRC vignetting is mostly lens related and it happens as the lens is not able to give even amount of light to the sensor's edges.
Of course it is Seems I have an occasionally paradoxical relationship with my brain.....

Hi,

I've been testing 1.0.7 with my n900, no problems so far.

Only minus is that I would like to choose different location for *.dng files (external sdcard). Is that possible ?

The Following User Says Thank You to d0hi For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Not as is, but I can do that in an upcoming version. No promises though.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
P-mode seems to behave differently depending on last mode used.

When pcam starts, P-mode is active. Shutter is usually 1/30 (and changes only if ISO goes to max) and ISO number changes rapidly depending on what is seen on the screen.

When I change to I-mode, ISO number is fixed and shutter changes - OK. If I now change back to P-mode, ISO number stays fixed and shutter speed continues to change. So it is same as I-mode, but sliders are gone. P-mode is fixed by switchin to S-mode and back to P-mode.

I didn't see anybody else complaining about this.. ?

--
d0hi

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to d0hi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ France
impressive work!

Once installed, rawcam only displayed a gray screen instead of the image. After reboot, version 1.0.7 is working on my n900 (just a little freezing problem due to live focus app).

thanks and congratulation for your work

Originally Posted by d0hi View Post
P-mode seems to behave differently depending on last mode used.

When pcam starts, P-mode is active. Shutter is usually 1/30 (and changes only if ISO goes to max) and ISO number changes rapidly depending on what is seen on the screen.

When I change to I-mode, ISO number is fixed and shutter changes - OK. If I now change back to P-mode, ISO number stays fixed and shutter speed continues to change. So it is same as I-mode, but sliders are gone. P-mode is fixed by switchin to S-mode and back to P-mode.

I didn't see anybody else complaining about this.. ?

--
d0hi
Good catch. Essentially confirmed. Not entirely sure of what mode sequences do or don't work - M seems to get it stuck again. However P should definitely always seek the lowest iso at a sustainable shutterspeed (that seems to be the case at startup).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post: