Notices

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
in other words, its only for sim users. total bs

??? BS ????
Nokia messaging is for MOBILE USERS ergo SIM card.... MOBILE EMAIL MADE EASY

http://email.nokia.com/account/home.action

What is your point in creating misinformation?

N770, N810, N900, N97, N85, E71, 5800xm, iPhone(retired)
AT&T & T-Mobile

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
not all mobilists use SIM cards. Ever had a personal hotspot? I use my N900 via WiFi. I hope Nokia knows and changes its policies.

Now what "misinfomation" am I spreading? There are some that have SIMs that are also unable to access the service. Nokia Messaging has issues regardless. Do you deny that? What is the point of the SM requirement?

Nokia is also getting paid for Nokia Messaging, atleast in .fi, if I understood it correctly, you can buy a Nokia Messaging license from one of the operators here, and use it to enable Nokia Messaging on any phone supporting Nokia messaging on any operator (limited to .fi?).
Some phones appear to come with a nokia messaging license built in, though.

Yes, it's too confusing.

Where is .fi?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Where is .fi?
.fi is Finland.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
not all mobilists use SIM cards. Ever had a personal hotspot? I use my N900 via WiFi. I hope Nokia knows and changes its policies.

Now what "misinfomation" am I spreading? There are some that have SIMs that are also unable to access the service. Nokia Messaging has issues regardless. Do you deny that? What is the point of the SM requirement?
Mobilists? Asking to use Nokia Messaging on WiFi is like asking a Ford Explorer to fly...completly different designs and purposes. Nokia Messaging is for MOBILES only... that is it's purpose. Saying it's BS and that you need an official response from Nokia...is BS

If you had a Nokia messaging account you would know that you can't register it to multiple phones without a reinstall of the client software on the device. What do you think that second screen in the e-mail setup is....connecting to nokia servers checking for services... it is checking if you have a nokia messaging account and if it is registered to another device.

So why hop on the "I don't see it"..."I don't see it either"..."BS Nokia must hate us boo hoo" wagon. THINK.

For those folk who can't see the Nokia Messaging option and want it on the N900, 1)Make sure you have a Nokia Messaging account - Duh. 2)log into nokia messaging ...click that cute little icon on the right that says re-install the software. Enter your DEVICES SIM CARD TELEPHONE NUMBER, Click the nice picture of the N900, then click next... Gee I wonder if I can do that to WiFi????

So in conclusion. No you can't use it without a SIM. No You can't use it on two devices similtaneously and yes you can reinstall it on the N900. No BS

BTW I keep my personal hotspot in my pants.

N770, N810, N900, N97, N85, E71, 5800xm, iPhone(retired)
AT&T & T-Mobile

Last edited by MaemoCurmudgeon; 2009-12-02 at 01:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to MaemoCurmudgeon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MaemoCurmudgeon View Post
Mobilists? Asking to use Nokia Messaging on WiFi is like asking a Ford Explorer to fly...completly different designs and purposes. Nokia Messaging is for MOBILES only... that is it's purpose. Saying it's BS and that you need an official response from Nokia...is BS
The move towards mobile hot spots is big, and allows Americans to use them with any device of their choosing to avoid high carrier costs. You may be new to this, but I consider myself a pioneer in that regard.

If you had a Nokia messaging account you would know that you can't register it to multiple phones without a reinstall of the client software on the device. What do you think that second screen in the e-mail setup is....connecting to nokia servers checking for services... it is checking if you have a nokia messaging account and if it is registered to another device.
If you knew me, you wouldn't talk such useless chatter. I covered Nokia Messaging from its early beginnings (http://www.symbian-freak.com/downloa...l_for_free.htm), am one of the original Nokia Email beta testers, and have been using Nokia Messaging since its original inception all the way until today. I DO have a Nokia Messaging account, have for nearly almost two years, and have used it on about a dozen devices so far. I won't speculate on your knowledge of Nokia Messaging, but be clear that it isn't foreign to me in the least bit.

Nokia Messaging is built into several models as the default email client, and is no longer tied to the client software, but the email PUSH delivery service. I may be mistaken, but the second screen is checking the SIM and location to see if you are using a carrier's service that resells Nokia Messaging service or in an area where carriers have partnered to offer Nokia Messaging as a value added service. In those areas, you will have a carrier branded Nokia Messaging service that requires a subscription with a particular carrier. The US is not one of those locations, and it is free to use for all Americans, as far as I know. No carrier offers Nokia Messaging so far.

So why hop on the "I don't see it"..."I don't see it either"..."BS Nokia must hate us boo hoo" wagon. THINK.
..this is where it gets good. Read on...

For those folk who can't see the Nokia Messaging option and want it on the N900, 1)Make sure you have a Nokia Messaging account - Duh.
He's so intelligent! But good one.

2)log into nokia messaging ...click that cute little icon on the right that says re-install the software. Enter your DEVICES SIM CARD TELEPHONE NUMBER, Click the nice picture of the N900, then click next... Gee I wonder if I can do that to WiFi????
Sounds like someone doesn't have an N900... The second you find a NM client for Maemo that you can install on the N900, let me know, and post a link so we can laugh at you a bit more. The Nokia Messaging service is built into the device as a provider, and access is dependent upon location. See here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=12
Since I HAVE an N900, I already know, but those who don't and suffer your bad advice may benefit from that link. I advise you to find someone who can read to tell you what it says. You may be shocked.

So in conclusion.
Your speech writing is reminiscent of speeches of George W. Bush. Are you taking yourself seriously? You don't even know what you're talking about, for the most part.
No you can't use it without a SIM. No You can't use it on two devices similtaneously and yes you can reinstall it on the N900. No BS
I don't even HAVE two working devices. Where do you get the dual devices from?? And Nokia stopped the SMS provisioning due to input from me, who used the service without a SIM, so I expected there would be no SIM requirement for this implementation. Turns out it may or not be the case. We don't even know why some with SIMs aren't seeing it, and the fact I can't may have nothing to do with SIMs at all, come to find out.

BTW I keep my personal hotspot in my pants.
Good luck with that. I'm sure its at your boyfriend's request. And we would care because....

Let's just get IMAP IDLE support and we can forget all about Nokia Messaging, IMAP IDLE is a much better way to do it for wi-fi connected devices. And also 3G devices, when you're in your own country.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Let's just get IMAP IDLE support and we can forget all about Nokia Messaging, IMAP IDLE is a much better way to do it for wi-fi connected devices. And also 3G devices, when you're in your own country.
+1 from me...

I really miss ProfiMail that i had on my E90

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Modest certainly used to support imap idle, and it worked for me (until my n810 bricked on me)

Tags
better e-mail, better email, better than modest, e-mail, e-mail client, email, email client, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, replace modest, replacement email client