Notices

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Hmm better to evaluate once q Qt/QML frontend is done, since nTox is commandline only.
But, I enclose htop of the process running
as suspected, it keeps cpu woken up (judging by the fact this is the second process after htop itself). I will be glad to be proven wrong, but I think this is unusable for mobile device in its current shape. no matter if it uses CLI or GUI.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
I made a test with Tox, Mitakuuluu (Whatsapp for Sailfish) and Wechat (Tencent) running together, here is the result with Crest.

It seems Tox is not eating too much battery as the CPU usage of Mitakuuluu is always higher (and Mitakuuluu does not eat too much battery unless the CPU bug appears...).
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
I made a test with Tox, Mitakuuluu (Whatsapp for Sailfish) and Wechat (Tencent) running together, here is the result with Crest.

It seems Tox is not eating too much battery as the CPU usage of Mitakuuluu is always higher (and Mitakuuluu does not eat too much battery unless the CPU bug appears...).
well, it seems that my criteria for "too much" differs a lot, because in my book anything but nothing is too much, when a piece of SW is doing nothing.

anyway, I'll try to compile tox for n900 and launch oprofile against it once I am back from holiday (wednesday that is). that will give us a clear picture of what is really going on and if it makes any sense to waste time on writing GUI.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
well, it seems that my criteria for "too much" differs a lot, because in my book anything but nothing is too much, when a piece of SW is doing nothing.

anyway, I'll try to compile tox for n900 and launch oprofile against it once I am back from holiday (wednesday that is). that will give us a clear picture of what is really going on and if it makes any sense to waste time on writing GUI.
Thanks in advance!

The Following User Says Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Retroshare seems like it is a more what we want, more decentralized and still OSS.
http://retroshare.sourceforge.net/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH

With light usage, the Jolla can last 2 or 3 days between 2 battery charges. With or without Mitakuuluu running, it's not very different. That is why I said that Mitakuluu doesn't eat to much battery

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
well, it seems that my criteria for "too much" differs a lot, because in my book anything but nothing is too much, when a piece of SW is doing nothing..
As the Android piece of hardware the Jolla is, it suspends, so they do no care about stupidity caused useless timers.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Knowhere
As mentioned by freemangordon it will be a lot of battery consumer app, and starting from scratch on this app, why dont anyone make GUI of telegram cli client made by NerdKnight? Just curious, coz it is a perfect multi-platform IM app in my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to pistachio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@Jordi you looking at harbour-mitakuuluu2 which is just GUI, look at harbour-mitakuuluu2-server, which is actually process talking with whatsapp server

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Concerning tox.. Have you looked at amount of network traffic that this app generates continuosly also when it is supposed to be almost idle?

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post: