Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by schmots View Post
Ah, I found it. Unfortunatly I don't have a bluetooth keyboard yet so I can't edit the file via vi since I have no esc key on the virtual keyboards
I use Midnight Commander's editor.No escs needed.

They do speed things up though :-)

but in mc (which I don't have the right repository for apparntly) how do you hit f1, f2, f3 etc..?

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by schmots View Post
but in mc (which I don't have the right repository for apparntly) how do you hit f1, f2, f3 etc..?
There is a way to do it, but I forgot: the function keys are always labeled as buttons on the screen. I find it easier to just tap those (at the default zoom level, the F10 exit key falls off the right edge of the screen, but one unzoom level brings it right back).

BTW, I got mc from the old repository: http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ApplicationCatalog2006

It works just fine in ITOS2007.

That's where the hardware escape key comes in handy : hit it once then tap a number and there goes the corresponding function key. Hitting it twice gives the regular escape.