Does anyone know of a "tree" command directory listing utility compatible with Nokia 770?

Originally Posted by ascherjim
Does anyone know of a "tree" command directory listing utility compatible with Nokia 770?
perhaps 'find' is what you want.

ie,

find / | more

will search from the very top of the dir. structure and show you everything (readable by the user you're running as)

or: find . to start listing from where you are.

there are a few other command line params for find (such as -exec)

Thanks for your suggestion. The "find" command does indeed list all the files on the Nokia (and there sure are lots of them!), but I do miss the formatting of a "tree" command with its indentations of subdirectories under directories, and files under directories and subdirectories. But this is perhaps quibbling on my part. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by ascherjim
Thanks for your suggestion. The "find" command does indeed list all the files on the Nokia (and there sure are lots of them!), but I do miss the formatting of a "tree" command with its indentations of subdirectories under directories, and files under directories and subdirectories. But this is perhaps quibbling on my part. Thanks again.

While quite not as visually useful as the tree, the other options is "ls -R" to recurse.. you can tweak the parameters (man ls on a regular *nix distro) to adjust the formatting, but just as that will give you sections for each dir.

The Following User Says Thank You to spycedtx For This Useful Post:
You are right. ls -R is somewhat better. There is a pretty good tree program at ftp://mama.indstate.edu/linux/tree written in CC+, but I regret I'm not qualified to modify it for the Nokia. Thanks once again for your thoughts and advice in this matter. Jim

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
Ask and you shall receive. Please give this a try.

Brad.
Attached Files
File Type: deb tree_1.5.0-2_armel.deb (17.1 KB, 394 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to bradb For This Useful Post:
Brad: Many thanks. It works perfectly. And what fast work! Trust you'll post it more widely on the off chance anyone else might be interested. And thanks again to you, "Spy," for your suggestions. Regards to you both, Jim

Last edited by ascherjim; 2006-08-14 at 05:56. Reason: Grammar correction.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
Jim-

Glad to help. My current project was making me crazy so it was nice to do something simple for a change.

And yes, I'll be adding this to the application catalog in the next day or so (as well as adding another port or two).

Brad.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Just a bump for a neat Unix utility that works on Diablo.
Note - it created a 64Mb file on my setup.
PLEASE use the Wiki