Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
#181
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Looks like this will answer many of the outstanding questions. I am working on the screencasting stuff and hope to have documentation ready before the event. I don't know how much use it will be during the presentations, but if even one presenter records their work as a screencast it will be time well spent.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_Summit_2...zation#Program
I am late for the OSiM, my volunteer and demo and exhibits are all Summit ONLY. I attempted to edit the page.....please take a look.

bun
 
Karel Jansens's Avatar
Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
#182
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
It will be a BIG disappointment to bun. If you do show up, I will buy you a beer, and talk to you face to face, about HWR, as you are the only one that....use it. And you and I can quip about this 1st SSU update in private....to the bottom of it, literally.

bun
For a brief moment I toyed with the idea of bringing my Newtons, just to show what real HWR is and how it makes the best use of the limited screen real estate of a handheld tablet.

But it's all just pointless; Nokia has made it clear that they don't want a stylus-driven handheld, but rather a finger-prodded iClone; they don't want a device for entering content, they want a consumer-targeted, no-brain PMP (probably because those customers tend to be less intelligent and therefore less bothersome).

So why should I fight windmills?
__________________
Watch out Nokia, Pandora's box has opened (sorta)...
I do love explaining cryptic sigs, but for the impatient: http://www.openpandora.org/
 
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
#183
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
For a brief moment I toyed with the idea of bringing my Newtons, just to show what real HWR is and how it makes the best use of the limited screen real estate of a handheld tablet.

But it's all just pointless; Nokia has made it clear that they don't want a stylus-driven handheld, but rather a finger-prodded iClone; they don't want a device for entering content, they want a consumer-targeted, no-brain PMP (probably because those customers tend to be less intelligent and therefore less bothersome).

So why should I fight windmills?
Well, I NEVER make people do things, I just wish you would be there, and I can show you how 'handsomely' I have trained myself in writing on the Nokia, and MOST OF ALL, I can provide a hot ear for your Nokia bashing that nobody can.

Finally, the one that fights with windmills did go down in history, right? Dont you want to leave a footprint in maemo history, KJ?

Oh, I have never touch a Newton. I heard about it, and read about it and that is it. I used a TI99 and TRS-80.

bun
 

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,841 | Thanked: 1,078 times | Joined on Nov 2006
#184
Looking at the current Saturday schedule I'm almost glad that I can't be there.. I would be totally frustrated by the fact that so many interesting sessions are scheduled at the same time! The choices.. I would have wanted to attend most of them.
__________________
N800/OS2007|N900/Maemo5
-- Metalayer-crawler delenda est.
-- Current state: Fed up with everything MeeGo.

Last edited by TA-t3; 2008-08-18 at 11:47.
 
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,308 times | Joined on Sep 2006
#185
Let's hope there are enough people with video cameras that we can catch up on the missed content in time to ask questions outside the specific talks, etc.
 
Bundyo's Avatar
Posts: 4,506 | Thanked: 3,870 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
#186
Yeah, 'cause i sadly have to leave at noon
__________________
Technically, there are three determinate states the cat could be in: Alive, Dead, and Bloody Furious.
 
Karel Jansens's Avatar
Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
#187
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Well, I NEVER make people do things, I just wish you would be there, and I can show you how 'handsomely' I have trained myself in writing on the Nokia, and MOST OF ALL, I can provide a hot ear for your Nokia bashing that nobody can.

Finally, the one that fights with windmills did go down in history, right? Dont you want to leave a footprint in maemo history, KJ?

Oh, I have never touch a Newton. I heard about it, and read about it and that is it. I used a TI99 and TRS-80.

bun
You almost made me change my mind.

Almost...
__________________
Watch out Nokia, Pandora's box has opened (sorta)...
I do love explaining cryptic sigs, but for the impatient: http://www.openpandora.org/
 
Posts: 3,841 | Thanked: 1,078 times | Joined on Nov 2006
#188
Hey, if I could go to the Summit I also would have liked to have Karel there.. I'm sure more than a few people would like to get some kick-ar*e devil's advocate arguments served up front, no prisoners taken.
__________________
N800/OS2007|N900/Maemo5
-- Metalayer-crawler delenda est.
-- Current state: Fed up with everything MeeGo.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
qole's Avatar
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,809 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
#189
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Looking at the current Saturday schedule I'm almost glad that I can't be there.. I would be totally frustrated by the fact that so many interesting sessions are scheduled at the same time! The choices.. I would have wanted to attend most of them.
I have decided to clone myself. I hear there's a renegade clinic in Berlin that does cloning while-you-wait.
__________________
qole.org --- twitter --- Easy Debian wiki page
Please don't send me a private message, post to the appropriate thread.
Thank you all for your donations!
 

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
fpp's Avatar
Posts: 2,853 | Thanked: 968 times | Joined on Nov 2005
#190
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
For a brief moment I toyed with the idea of bringing my Newtons, just to show what real HWR is and how it makes the best use of the limited screen real estate of a handheld tablet.
But it's all just pointless; Nokia has made it clear that they don't want a stylus-driven handheld, but rather a finger-prodded iClone; they don't want a device for entering content, they want a consumer-targeted, no-brain PMP (probably because those customers tend to be less intelligent and therefore less bothersome).
So why should I fight windmills?
So we can have that beer we spoke of and talk about other things ? :-)
 
Reply

Tags
maemo.org

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:30.