Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Bug found and fixed. Unfortunately, looks like there is some issue with Valhalla build for latest SFOS at OBS. So, I cannot even produce tmp package with the fix. Will have to look into it and see why it is

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BGK View Post
Thanks - that worked!
And for me too!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Maps update may take some time. Just finished an import and, while testing, got some crashes with Valhalla. I will have to look into it before rolling out.

In addition, public transport data import triggered a crash in Valhalla importer. Turned out that I stumbled on a bug in Valhalla that's not fixed yet. Due to that crash which required me to restart the import as well as relatively slow Valhalla import, all got delayed. But I am looking into it.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Bugfix release with updated translations is out - 1.15.6. It fixes a bug with profile selection, as reported over here.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
"New" maps are out. Still without transit data, working on it. Planet.pbf is from the end of October with the delays described above.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Looks like transit data will have to wait. In short, current Valhalla doesn't find transit routes even if the data are there. I opened the corresponding issue with the commit that broke it for us at https://github.com/valhalla/valhalla/issues/2126 .

In theory, I can cook together something with patches that will resolve that issue with Valhalla. However, as there are other issues preventing building Valhalla at OBS if I use older Valhalla releases, I prefer to wait till the transit problem will get resolved upstream and use the time for something more productive.

To fix it myself will require digging into Valhalla's code - which will take quite some time, I suspect.

So, I suggest we wait and see if the transit routing will get fixed upstream and focus on other projects/issues meanwhile.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
New release is out 1.16.0

For SFOS users its update for translations only. However, its the first release which is going to be released on Ubuntu Touch.

Interesting note regarding Ubuntu Touch. For the latest Pure Maps version, we have 2200 downloads in Ubuntu Open Store and 3000 for SFOS OpenRepos. Not sure how much is users and how much is caused by bots though.

In addition, translations should work in Flatpak as well. Flatpak packages are building right now.

New maps are uploaded right now, probably will get ready for distribution in 24-48 hours.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Hi rinigus!

The problem with searching adresses is back again...

If I open OSMSS (1.15.5-1.120.1.jolla) before starting PM (1.26.1), I can see OSMSS processing PMs search requests, but it throws errors like

"ERROR: [Time] Error while Analysing through libpostal. Maybe there are no libpostal-databases available." (translated from german to english)

OSMSS settings / map management tells me that everything's all right...

Rinigus, could you please tell me where the libpostal databases are located and how I could correct this problem (without having to download all maps again)?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BGK View Post
Hi rinigus!

The problem with searching adresses is back again...

If I open OSMSS (1.15.5-1.120.1.jolla) before starting PM (1.26.1), I can see OSMSS processing PMs search requests, but it throws errors like

"ERROR: [Time] Error while Analysing through libpostal. Maybe there are no libpostal-databases available." (translated from german to english)

OSMSS settings / map management tells me that everything's all right...

Rinigus, could you please tell me where the libpostal databases are located and how I could correct this problem (without having to download all maps again)?
Really odd. Sorry, should have mentioned earlier. Databases for libpostal are in maps folder, under "postal" subfolder. If you delete them, they will be redownloaded.

After new download, find the hashes of the files and store them. Later you could check which file gets corrupted

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Really odd. Sorry, should have mentioned earlier. Databases for libpostal are in maps folder, under "postal" subfolder. If you delete them, they will be redownloaded.

After new download, find the hashes of the files and store them. Later you could check which file gets corrupted
Thank's for pointing me to the obvious... Will try and report.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles