Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Hi all.
I've been trying to create a small app that will play an MP3 using the QtMobility multimedia classes.
This app compiles and runs fine on Windows and Linux.
On my N900, it just keeps crashing with the following output:
"symbol lookup error: ./12: undefined symbol: _ZN10QtMobility14QMediaPlaylistC1EP7QObject"

I have PR1.2, I have installed libqtm-*, I have installed the qt-mobility-examples (player works fine).

I am compiling with the Nokia SDK beta and I have been unsuccessful for the past 2 weeks in even getting a hint at what might be going wrong.

My code is attached, the compiled binary is attached.
Any help is appreciated (even moral support!)
Attached Files
File Type: zip 12.zip (14.5 KB, 127 views)

The multimedia lib on n900 and the one on sdk are different. To solve it I had to install last MADDE (which has the correct libs) and compile from it or sdk after having added a qt profile using the qmake installed with latest madde.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
The multimedia lib on n900 and the one on sdk are different. To solve it I had to install last MADDE (which has the correct libs) and compile from it or sdk after having added a qt profile using the qmake installed with latest madde.

The release candidate of the Nokia Qt SDK includes the newest MADDE version. Might be you want to go for that one. Otherwise, here are some links:

Daniel

The Following User Says Thank You to danielwilms For This Useful Post:
Thanks!
I'm downloading all three offline installers as we speak. Will post results once I compile.

It works! It works! Not only does it compile and run correctly on the n900 PR1.2, I now automatically get a deb. Frigging awesome! No more perl script to patch the pro file and invoke madde from command line. I'm loving it!

@gionni88 and @danielwilms: Thank you both a million times (I wish there was a re-thank button).