Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by Veraendert View Post
Maybe someone can help: I have a Nexus 5 currently running SFOS 2.0.4. Which means i can neither install the Openrepo's version of Poor Maps nor the (older) version used by Rinigus because of missing geolocation-here.

Does anyone have an older version laying around that i can use with OSM Scout server? Any other idea how to get Poor Maps running ? Thanks.
You can compile Poor Maps RPM with the corrected dependencies that would fit your version. RPM can be compiled on Linux with rpm command installed (I used Gentoo for that), just revert https://github.com/otsaloma/poor-map...c41257b6c21cd8 . Alternatively, you could just download latest Poor Maps source to the device and run with qmlscene as described in https://github.com/otsaloma/poor-map...ster/README.md

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
https://github.com/otsaloma/poor-map...ses?after=0.28

SFOS 2.0.4 was released on 24.10.2016 so, try a version which was released aound this date.

Or just use rinigus approach

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Crivens am i blind. Thanks, will try.

Just in case anyone else has my problem (and is as blind as me 0.26.1 is the latest version that works on SFOS 2.0.4

@Rinigus: No rpm in Voidlinux. I could only extract.

Last edited by Veraendert; 2017-11-04 at 19:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Veraendert For This Useful Post:
DISCLAIMER: This is unofficial version that is provided as an early-feedback preview. It will be submitted for merge into Poor Maps proper and is not a permanent fork. This version is provided with the hope that it will be useful for you and to allow you to participate in the development through feedback, patches, and other possible means. /DISCLAIMER

As a part of Mapbox GL-based releases, I have just released Poor Maps GL at OpenRepos: https://openrepos.net/content/rinigus/poor-maps-gl . This is an application that uses Mapbox GL to show the map and interact with it. Care has been taken to make it possible to install and use it in parallel with the Poor Maps proper. So, it should be safe to use it if your hardware supports it.

Poor Maps GL incorporates also the work on voice prompts, so you would get voice navigation instructions as a part of the package.

I expect us to hit Mapbox limits for free tile downloads. If it happens, I'll stop the API key and the access to online maps will disappear. As OSM Scout Server supports Mapbox GL from today, consider using it for your vector tile access.

Please file the issues regarding this version at https://github.com/rinigus/poor-maps . That would allow me to fix them before submitting PR for merging. When the PR will be submitted, we'll let you know about the link for filing issues.

I hope you'll enjoy using it!

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 86 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Spain
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
DISCLAIMER: This is unofficial version that is provided as an early-feedback preview. It will be submitted for merge into Poor Maps proper and is not a permanent fork. This version is provided with the hope that it will be useful for you and to allow you to participate in the development through feedback, patches, and other possible means. /DISCLAIMER

As a part of Mapbox GL-based releases, I have just released Poor Maps GL at OpenRepos: https://openrepos.net/content/rinigus/poor-maps-gl . This is an application that uses Mapbox GL to show the map and interact with it. Care has been taken to make it possible to install and use it in parallel with the Poor Maps proper. So, it should be safe to use it if your hardware supports it.

Poor Maps GL incorporates also the work on voice prompts, so you would get voice navigation instructions as a part of the package.

I expect us to hit Mapbox limits for free tile downloads. If it happens, I'll stop the API key and the access to online maps will disappear. As OSM Scout Server supports Mapbox GL from today, consider using it for your vector tile access.

Please file the issues regarding this version at https://github.com/rinigus/poor-maps . That would allow me to fix them before submitting PR for merging. When the PR will be submitted, we'll let you know about the link for filing issues.

I hope you'll enjoy using it!
I'm testing your poormaps fork and it works perfect!!. Vector tiles maps load very fast, thank you for your hard work!!

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
What do I have to do make it work with OSM Scout Server?
While the Mapbox tiles load very fast. I can't use OSM Scout Server with it: I always get:

Code:
Unknown URL path Info: Request: /v1/mbgl/style? style=osmbright

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
What do I have to do make it work with OSM Scout Server?
While the Mapbox tiles load very fast. I can't use OSM Scout Server with it: I always get:

Code:
Unknown URL path Info: Request: /v1/mbgl/style? style=osmbright
I hope that there is no space between ? and style in that URL, just a small matter of copy-and-paste of the requested URL that is split between the lines.

I would expect this message if you haven't upgraded OSM Scout Server to 1.2.0. Please check the version of the server in its About. If you do have 1.2.0, then its a bug.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Hi rinigus,
at first and most important: Thanx for all the work you do and for the support you give.
This is extraexceptional.

To the problem:
I thought I had update OSM Scout server, but obviously I haven't (stupid me). So now I am on 1.2.0.1. But I have still problems:
Using OSM Scout server for poor maps gl, I only get a white screen. No maps get rendered.
Code:
INFO: 13:28:46 Request :/v1/mbgl/sprite@2x.png
and
Code:
INFO: 13:28:41 Request: /v1/mbgl/tile?x=0&y=1&z=1
The Code blocks are manually put in, not copied, so there can be misspellings...

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Hi rinigus,
at first and most important: Thanx for all the work you do and for the support you give.
This is extraexceptional.

To the problem:
I thought I had update OSM Scout server, but obviously I haven't (stupid me). So now I am on 1.2.0.1. But I have still problems:
Using OSM Scout server for poor maps gl, I only get a white screen. No maps get rendered.
Code:
INFO: 13:28:46 Request :/v1/mbgl/sprite@2x.png
and
Code:
INFO: 13:28:41 Request: /v1/mbgl/tile?x=0&y=1&z=1
The Code blocks are manually put in, not copied, so there can be misspellings...
Thank you!

OK, great, then its at least not that bug. Let's see if you downloaded Mapbox GL databases and enabled its support. Since I was releasing 3 projects yesterday, my documentation could be lacking and we better figure out all the steps so I can add it to TMO thread.

Mapbox GL is a new backend for OSM Scout Server. So, you have to:

* enable Mapbox GL in profiles (select either just vector or vector and raster tiles)

* update subscription info in Map Manager

* unsubscribe/subscribe each territory

* the server should indicate that you have to download maps. do so.

After that all should work. Please let me know how it went.

PS: sorry for hijacking Poor Maps thread with OSM Scout Server issues.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
OK works now...
...lightning fast, wow!