Seems to not be possible to do currently in aliendalvik at least not graphically. Maybe there is some config file to do that but I don't know which one.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Update: Version 3.31.4 is out now. This version is now based on the Signal code base as LibreSignal is no more.
Signal now supports WebSockets so it is usable fully without GCM (PlayServices).

So this version introduces several new features:
  • GIF Support
  • Voice Messages
  • Call support should work (though it might not ring on incoming calls)
  • Attachments now shows the image gallery with images to quickly use as attachment
  • QuickScroll Up/Down Feature
  • Overlay showing the Date of chat messages when scrolling up
  • Timed Messages (Selftimer that destroys message after read and given delay)
  • Hint showing unread messages in chat window
  • Video support
  • Support for website distribution build with auto-updating APK (though this will rename the app from LibreSignal to Signal and won't ship timebomb removal and other patches)
  • New Base Signal 3.31.4

This new version requires you to reregister after upgrade. Chats and History will be saved on upgrade but it will not allow you to send Signal Messages before reregistering. Reregistering works only by phone so SMS step will be skipped (with the usual error message)

Of course this version comes with the usual Patches for SailfishOS & BlackBerry to skip SMS registration (as it is non working on Android Runtimes) and has the 90 day timebomb removed.

Enjoy

You can get the APK from here:
https://app.box.com/s/l9gt5jbd3jynitxego8rdo1oir3ew5l7
SHA256Sum: 6ce619759457f8ac56ab94f66b5e1fdeebb21f523909d70984 105dba8b6b151f

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
I installed on my Blackberry. Sorry for the likely lame question, but why does the app call itself LibreSignal instead of TextSecure as this thread calls it?

Signal was formely called TextSecure.
Back then when I started this thread it was still called TextSecure.

edit: tried changing the title to not confuse more users but either thats not possible or my browser cache acts up.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
can this be used on tablet without phone number? What about multi device support?
Would be wery niiicecto se a link to general description of these signal / trxt secure features.
Totally fed up to releses like " this is a client/ host to xyz service implementing only subset of features fgh of this but also supports wqrt server but only..."

It needs a phone number. You can register your tablet with one phone number.(So you need a phone for the activation number)
However only one phone number per device. (Exception for the Signal WebApp for Chromium which you can pair with your phone/tablet)

More Infos on Signal in general you can find here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rime.securesms
or on the official openwhispersystems homepage: https://whispersystems.org/

Donate using Liberapay

Thanks,
but can tablet and phone be used so that both get messages?

Nope that is not possible.

Donate using Liberapay

Thanks for your work, it's good to see they've finally grown brains and made their application truly trustworthy. Now hopefully they will adopt a looser position on third party clients so for example Whisperfish will be allowed to continue existing.

Has this been updated? Or is the version in Aptoide working well with Sailfish? Currently says it's 4.11.5 in Aptoide.

The Following User Says Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post: