Posts: 65 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Phoenix, Cochin, Bad Durkheim

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Thanks for sharing that.
It's pretty amazing.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
That was freaking awesome. I would pay $$$ for a video game that looked like that.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

I doubt that it was made using N8, but I am not saying that it's impossible. Just too much time wasted on clicking a button and then saving a photo somewhere. Then copying all of the files to the hard drive. They probably used some professional camera with direct image upload to a computer. Nevertheless , it's a nice vid.

@alligatro: if you watch til the end, you'll see the lens + rig they use with N8 hooked up to it.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@alligatro: if you watch til the end, you'll see the lens + rig they use with N8 hooked up to it.

I saw it, but it doesn't prove anything. This video is one of those "viral videos". Nokia made a cool video, everyone is gonna link it now. Linking this video to your friends or people on forums = free advertisement. Clever no ?

I'm glad that you've learned of the benefit of viral videos

Judging from the previous N8 sample photos/videos released and reading about its technical (photo related) capabilities, I don't think they need to fake this process at all.

That was awesome. Well worth watching a fourth time

@Aligatro

I'm not sure if you are aware of the company mentioned in the credits there but *Aardman are a very respected animation studio with a huge portfolio of Stop Motion movies to back them up. They would never put their name to some hoax as you may beleive this to be.

...Now that reminds me. I need to buy some cheese.

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2010-09-24 at 11:43.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I'm glad that you've learned of the benefit of viral videos

Judging from the previous N8 sample photos/videos released and reading about its technical (photo related) capabilities, I don't think they need to fake this process at all.
I wasn't saying that N8 can't take picture of such quality. I was saying that it would take MUCH longer to make each still frame using N8.So, I see no reason to spend more time to get the job done. If you were offered to take a plane or a train. [Ticket prices are the same.] What you choose?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
The one that fits better with my budget. The same goes for Aardman. I'm sure Nokia pays them a hefty sum for this promo video.