http://content.usatoday.com/communit...infringement/1

And the patent wars continue.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Heh... it's just a part of their game. As long as the USPTO still stand and there aren't any changes to their rules, I don't expect things to change..

Just another day at the office... (for them anyway).
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Lawyers rejoice!
I don't like Apple, so I will refrain from making statements such as "Serves them right" or "I hope apple tanks and takes the iphone with it"...

That lawsuit can be a great source of entertainment. The the two opposing groups of fanbois go at each other armed to the teeth with non-facts. Epic nerdfight!

The Following User Says Thank You to Vaskinn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I find it a bit amusing that quite many news commentators on these patent law suits fail to realize how much Nokia has done on HW-side on mobile industry. Then we have couple of rivalry corporations that make amazing software to this foundation of HW that has been basically put up with Nokia and other long time cell phone makers and these new players refuse to pay patent fees and they are handled with great respect just because their OS might be better than Nokia's. WTF? Sht people are just stupid.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by slender View Post
I find it a bit amusing that quite many news commentators on these patent law suits fail to realize how much Nokia has done on HW-side on mobile industry. Then we have couple of rivalry corporations that make amazing software to this foundation of HW that has been basically put up with Nokia and other long time cell phone makers and these new players refuse to pay patent fees and they are handled with great respect just because their OS might be better than Nokia's. WTF? Sht people are just stupid.
Have you got more details on this case?
It's all very vague from that article that I didn't come to the same assumptions/conclusion that you've made...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

It is ignorance that's all. How many of those news reporters actually know Nokia's contribution or care about it? I bet though most of them own an iPhone because it is popular, and sexy and so flashy. Ignorance...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gill_za For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Have you got more details on this case?
It's all very vague from that article that I didn't come to the same assumptions/conclusion that you've made...
The infringed patents and apple's refusal to pay the royalties was discussed at the time when this dispute was just picking up the speed. If you are saying that the issue between nokia and apple is vaguely described in this particular article I would suggest doing some research online. If I failed to see the essence of your question, than could you please clarify?

Is it possible to look up the amount of patents nokia / apple have?

I think this one is a different case though than the already previous existing one.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...