Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
yahoo is the second most visited site daily in the US that as to be good for Ovi maps

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
I agree. Really, who uses Yahoo for chat/maps or primary email in this day and age? My wife has a yahoo account she still uses every once in a while, but she also signed up for it at 13-14 when yahoo was still respectable as a web index / search engine.

Other than her I don't seem to have anyone else in my address book with a yahoo email address.

This is a non-sensible alliance.

Maybe they can hook up with Geocities.com to provide personal website space for blogging?

In a key country for Nokia the Phillipines Yahoo seems to be massive at least the messagner and in the UK BTinternet is powered by yahoo. So they are still about in massive markets for nokia..

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Yet another post that reveals the naivety or dare I say the dullness of many. So Nokia goes to Yahoo for that which Yahoo does better than the rest and some people here think its a bad move. I loved this forum at the start but so sick of it now. Yahoo has more users than gmail and they dont violate your privacy. Well done Nokia good synergistic move.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Enyibinakata For This Useful Post:
Nokia and Yahoo fit nicely together. I welcome their move.
And maybe they deepen their partnership even more.

The Following User Says Thank You to gusch5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I used to use Yahoo for stock quotes and research. Microsoft's finance website was actually better but they killed it. Of the free sites, Yahoo's was best. But apart from that I have dropped all things Yahoo. I have to deal with my girlfriend's Yahoo Mail (and I have some secondary Yahoo Mail accounts) and it sucks compared to GMail. Just poor interface, javascript or something that changes and makes it inoperable with tweaks I've done or Proxomitron, etc.

Really, apart from finance, what does Yahoo do better than anyone else? What does it do better than Google?

I personally like this. I think that Nokia is working in the right way. Cooperating with Yahoo, Microsoft and Intel (sevices, software and hardware), further from the good quality of Nokia products. Good Combination.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
that makes at least a bit more sense than earlier predictions of what was happening.
Huh? It was so obvious I didn't even bother to write about it. Nokia is great on hardware side - not so good when it is coming to web-services (especially scalability).

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Good to see 2 of my favourite companies joining forces. Nokia and Yahoo are much similar, good products, little hype, highest market share, hated by the Apple, Google loving US bloggers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Enyibinakata For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by vvaz View Post
Huh? It was so obvious I didn't even bother to write about it. Nokia is great on hardware side - not so good when it is coming to web-services (especially scalability).
I don't see how your reply follows my quote...

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I don't see how your reply follows my quote...
Man... you must have the patience of a Buddhist monk.

How you ever got to 10000 posts (many of which replaying for nonsense stuff) I will never understand.