Poll: Would you recommend the N900 to a friend?
Poll Options
Would you recommend the N900 to a friend?

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Moscow
N900 isn't ready for ordinary users because it's big, heavy and lacks many features they expect from so expensive phone ($800 in Moscow).
On the other hand there is only one phone for programmers available now and it's N900. I mean all the market, not only devices from Nokia.
But I can't recommend it to my friends because some aren't developers nor linux fans and others already have it.

Last edited by slobodsky; 2010-05-21 at 11:27.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ India
Me...certainly no, Have already advised my friends not to buy as their expectations were'nt inline

I would. I have. I will.

Do you want Open Source to become stronger? Do you want Linux to become more prevalent? Do you want your hardware to be free of non-technology driven limitations, like you see in proprietary designs?
That is why we need to support Nokia. This pocket computer, which does EVERYTHING I need it to and FAR more, is a tool that programmers and users alike can employ to ensure that consumer technology development is driven by consumer needs and interests more than by corporate bottom-line realities.
The N900, like its IT predecessors, rewards you for the time you put into thinking differently, into learning an alternate way for technology to work.
Forget about the 1.2 release. It will come, of course. Think rather of Backtrack running on the N900. It is almost there. Think of the USB port receiving devices and working with them like the N800 could. It is almost there.
And think of what you have already! A portable Playstation 1, Amiga, Commodore, MAME console. A full office suite. A pocket Digital Comic book reader.
And what did you pay for all that extra functionality?

Our N900 is less than 1 year old. And it already does FAR more things than any other device that it is regularly compared to, if you learn how to use it.

And Nokia ITs simply get empowered with time. You get more and more functionality out of them, thanks to the software developers out there that can work freely using this technology to OUR advantage.

I get more than just a beautiful looking device with a superb media player and exemplary web browser for the money I paid for it. I get the knowledge that I am helping Open Source become a stronger option.
And sharing that satisfaction is also what friends are for.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raphseraph For This Useful Post:
Absolutely yes (to a geek) ... but he already has OpenMoko ... so, too late!

BTW It was another friend who recommended me the N900, he finally decided not to buy it because of the price, but I got lured ...

Of Course!

For my is the best device on the market!!!

wow look at that, neck and neck!

I voted yes as for what it is this phone is excellent the true question I believe is, do you have competent friends? I look at some of the posts on here, and it seems alot of people ask silly questions before actually looking for the answer, yes sometimes it's just ompossable to search for something but it's when the same person keeps asking over and over again.

This kind of person I would try and push rather towards an iphone or android. This phone isn't a click and go phone, it needs some practice but in the end, for what it can do it's well worth it!

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
would I recommend to a friend?
Well it depends if I want to keep that person as a friend, with all the recent speculations and wispers about non flash 10 support and a wealth of other missing fucntions coupled with the constant silence from Nokia I would have to say no which is a shame as it has so much potential.

definetly yes. II would want my friend to be screwed up with this device.. The amount of apps is amazing

For normal user no! Geek if hate apple and have money yes

I just voted yes.. But I'd like to add that I'd only recommend it to a geek friend, not just any user.