Hi all,

I'm a newb to the N800 and the forums. I've only had the device for a couple of hours and I'm trying to update the software to OS 2007 edition v. 4.2007.26-8 (the version loaded on my device is an older version).

I went to the site http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N800.php but the server is not responding. It's been like this for a while today. Is there any other place to download the software update, like a mirror site? Or is this common and should I just wait it out?

Thanks! And if anyone has any advice on killer apps I should install right away, please let me know.

Well, I know they had a power outage at Nokia HQs the other day, maybe that had something to do with the server going wonky...beats me.
Just wait I guess.

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Westcountry, UK
It is a bit of a pain as I was trying to get to the maemo repositories, and they don't seem to be working either, or the garage stuff.
I have a build of aisleriot that works on the 770 as there didn't seem to be one, but I needed the precompiled cards and my version of ubuntu linux seems useless for compiling things itself.