Active Topics

The "hold-click" / right click menu that pops up when you tap and hold on something is obscured by my hand, because I am right handed. Is everyone at Nokia left handed? It's great for left handers, but right handers have a hard time seeing the menu. Can this be a setting? The Palm and other devices to it right.

(Mostly) when you long-hold, if you release without dragging after the menu comes up, the menu will stay up and allow you to tap-navigate; if you drag first, then it drag-navigates.

Sometimes this fails, though; I'm not sure that it's a bug, I think it may just be my fault for dragging a little.

I don't know of any way to reverse the menu direction; I've only ever seen one system that supported that, and I don't remember which one that was... FVWM maybe?

It just seems odd for a stylus / finger device to pop menus on the right of the click, unless it's for left handed people. It should be the other way around, so the menu pops up on the left of the click.

Interesting. I see how that can be annoying. My dominant hand is my left; however, I can use my right as well. This tablet is actually not lefty friendly for the most part. For example, when visiting a website in which you can not drag the screen to navigate and you have to use the scroll bar- for the left handed person, when doing so, you obstruct the the entire viewing field to use the scroll bar. Analogous to your situation I suppose.

Thank G_d the menus are on the left side at least- if only the stylus slid out of the upper left-hand corner.