Active Topics

Same happened to me after I got the 0€-bug. They didn't have time to cancel the order, and I received it on Wednesday; but today I got a phone call from Nokia France, they told there were two problems with my shipment: 1) invoice problem, 2) technical problem on the shipped series.

They told I should send back the device, and that I'll have a new coupon to purchase another one. I thought the technical problem was just an excuse to let them fix the invoice problem (AKA make me pay 99€), so I used my new coupon to get another n810 (this time at the planned 99€), then called back to ask if, now that I've paid, couldn't they just admit there was no technical problem, not deliver the 2nd n810 and let me keep the one I already have, in order to spare work to them and me.

But she said that there really was a technical problem. I doubt it, but just in case, and because I'm honest ;-), I'll ship back the n810 I got -- but only after I got the new one!

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Romania
And how did you get the second coupon?
My friedn from Paris says i will receive it after the device get to NOkia shop back

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
Same here :-(
But then, the deal was 99 Euros for an N810 worth 499 in France ...
The main anoyance is the delay !

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Romania
Needless to say guys, I have SUUUUCH a will to develop software for the tablet made by f***g NOKIA.

I think i will not touch this site/meamo for a few days at least. ***k pasion for cool gadgets.

The stress is really bigger thinking i'm not the one running now to put the device back to the post, but someone who does me a favor.

Last edited by iancumihai; 2008-01-11 at 15:43. Reason: made a typo: i'm nervous

Originally Posted by aflegg View Post
This could be because of the over-discount whereby some French (and German?) users of the discount code got it entirely free.
If so, I'd recommend he respond and offer to pay the difference. Alternatively, worse case: what can they do? Nothing - they sent the device, it's been paid for. You have an invoice. Tough luck on them if they ballsed it up.
Yup, it's illegal all right, plain and simple. Same as cancelling the order without saying so, pulling the leash on UPS and calling people over the phone (strictly no writing) to intimidate them with bullsh*t excuses ("logistical and technical problems", heh...). They're just betting that no one will call their bluff.

I don't know about France, but in USA, a deal is not binding unless there is consideration on both sides of the deal. In other words, both parties (you and Nokia) have to give each other something of value. If you gave them $0 and they gave you a $500 tablet, the deal is only valid as long as both sides agree it is. However, if you gave them even $1 then it is valid regardless of whether Nokia thinks it is or not.

Originally Posted by iancumihai View Post
And how did you get the second coupon?
My friedn from Paris says i will receive it after the device get to NOkia shop back
She gave it to me over the phone. I suppose I legally acquired the first one, and will legally acquire the second one, as I had a valid coupon for both, and I could keep both, but I'm not going to act like an *** : the deal was one n810 for 99€, that's what I'll get. But just to be sure, I certainly won't send back the first device until I received the second.

Nokia pretty much messed things until the end, anyway - first the delay, then buggy coupons, then recalling the sent stuff... That seems very badly organised!

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
If you're going to send it back - and to be honest I think Nokia should eat the cost of their own balls up and forget messing you about - just make sure Nokia are paying for the return shipping, in fact get them to come pick it up from your home address (they do this for repairs in the UK, at least they did for me with my N800).

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
If you're going to send it back - and to be honest I think Nokia should eat the cost of their own balls up and forget messing you about - just make sure Nokia are paying for the return shipping, in fact get them to come pick it up from your home address (they do this for repairs in the UK, at least they did for me with my N800).
Yes, they'll do that - They sent me a postal sticker for pre-paid return, and they'll also reimburse the shipping costs of the first device, if I understood correctly. It's the least they can do!