Posts: 70 | Thanked: 357 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Actually, my experience with the Jolla Tablet was that performance was just fine, the form factor ideal and the screen gorgeous.
FYI I also like the tablet, for the reason you mention. But there are many Web sites that crash the browser, I think because they have too complex pages and need a lot of memory to display. (Those are sites that are problematic for the Jolla Phone too BTW).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
I really like the form factor of the tablet. Very nice for browsing. But performace is outdated, and, as I've mentioned before, I'm not a big fan of the pulley idea. Indeed, the size of tablet makes it more annoying. Better for small screen phone if used at all. I'm really sorry this has been an epic fail... I hope Jolla succeeds in future.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
But there are many Web sites that crash the browser
I've heard about that, but I have yet to come across a web site that does that on my Jolla phone. Even eBay works fine, albeit a bit slow - unlike on my daughter's Android tablet with similar specs that gives up altogether.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I've heard about that, but I have yet to come across a web site that does that on my Jolla phone. Even eBay works fine, albeit a bit slow - unlike on my daughter's Android tablet with similar specs that gives up altogether.
There's a list of such websites on TJC. Most people seem to be having problems on Xperia X or on the Tablet, but Jolla 1 is also affected.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
There's a list of such websites on TJC. Most people seem to be having problems on Xperia X or on the Tablet, but Jolla 1 is also affected.
I find the most recent SailfishOS upgrades have severely impacted the performance of the Jolla tablet - I assume it's simply not a high priority target any more (understandably!) and whilst the software works, it's just not terribly optimised. Why would they waste any time optimising performance for an aborted platform?

I'd hoped the Youyota project would help drive out some of these slowdowns as whilst it's not the newest of platforms, the hardware should for example be able to browse the web without issues.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RussH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Clearly you do, otherwise you wouldn't have posted anything in the first place.
Yes, I would have - and, lo and behold, I did. And considering what I posted, I'm not too impressed with your logic. Nice to see you care enough to tell me I care, but I will not be in need of any further pontification on the matter from you in this thread - and neither will anyone else.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Actually, there was a third issue - have you noticed the past tense ? That because the damned micro-USB connector broke! The N900 connector curse coming back to kill its high-minded offspring ? We can only guess!
I've changed my USB port twice in a repair shop.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I will no longer support any Indiegogo or Kickstarter project where the product is made in China. They don't follow trade rules/laws, counterfeit our brands, pirate our music, movies and software, hack/bribe/steal technology by whatever means necessary and online gold farm (another form of job stealing).

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
I will no longer support any Indiegogo or Kickstarter project where the product is made in China. They don't follow trade rules/laws, counterfeit our brands, pirate our music, movies and software, hack/bribe/steal technology by whatever means necessary and online gold farm (another form of job stealing).
Ok. Better that you buy local stuff. Don't drive a car daily. Stop buying water in plastic bottles. Save the world.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Hmm, politics propably should not be discussed here in these forums...

In any case, there most likely is no innocent nation on earth. Both good and bad things come from china, as they do from any other country. I do understand banning government lead programs and certain companies of some nation, but banning whole and everyone in a nation might be overshot. Remember, indiegogo and kickstarter are usually small firms and entrepeuners and it is always good help the small player

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os