http://2daughtersandablog.blogspot.c...nokia-770.html

For all you brave folk. I did this over the weekend and it works fine. Just used an SD adapter for a Mini-SD card and mounted it inside.

Link didn't work..

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Link didn't work..
http://2daughtersandablog.blogspot.com/

sorry, this should work.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Good work, too bad you killed the door switch. :-) Also more photos of the procedure would be welcomed :-)

I am thinking about same hack for quite some time but so far had no time and when I had some I couldn't open the case
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...1295#post81295
:-) You had no problems with opening the case?

Well maybe killing the slot wouldn't be so bad after all but I would definitely want to leave the door switch working. How did you break it? Do you think it is possible to leave it working when being extra careful?

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Gotta ask: why would you want SD when RSMMC is cheaper, at least here in the UK?

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
you can't buy 4GB or 8GB rsmmc :-)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

granted, that is good enough reason ;-)

RS-MMC is not as widely available here in the US. If you are extra careful, you shouldn't have a problem leaving the door switch attached. I also used my dremel to sand out some space on the inside of the back housing where the card is installed. the card slot came out pretty easy with a pair of small pliers cutting at each mount point. I was going to go get a usb micro-SD adapter to get the slot out of but didn't. I would have to look at the dimensions but I bet it would fit in there fine. Tonight I will post a picture or two with the card mounted inside, I don't recall if I took a picture of the back housing that I used the dremel on. Basically I just outlined the card where I was going to put it and cut out the supports for that section. If you've seen the inside, you'll know what I mean by supports. Also, if you can find thin wire, I would highly recommend you use it. There isn't a lot of room in there.

On another note, I did reinstall 2006 over 2007he and it seems to be a little more stable for me. I don't know what the speed differences are but I suspect the 2007he didn't like using virtual memory on my sd card. It seemed to slow things down.

Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Good work, too bad you killed the door switch. :-) Also more photos of the procedure would be welcomed :-)

I am thinking about same hack for quite some time but so far had no time and when I had some I couldn't open the case
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...1295#post81295
:-) You had no problems with opening the case?

Well maybe killing the slot wouldn't be so bad after all but I would definitely want to leave the door switch working. How did you break it? Do you think it is possible to leave it working when being extra careful?

The bottom piece needs to come off before you start prying the two half's apart. Then you need to start at the top side or top. Once the top is apart the bottom needs to be unclipped while sliding the usb and power ports out of the slots. Use a thin piece of plastic to slide along the crack while prying. You should start unclipping connection points.

Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
you can't buy 4GB or 8GB rsmmc :-)
Will the 770 support that large of a memory card? I thought it was 2 GB.