Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by dantonic View Post
Hello, first time I actually try using irrecoQT or the IR function on the N900 for that matter. I've downloaded an Olevia RC-LTL remote, and added some of the buttons. It doesn't work for me at all.

I am curious should the little IR transmitter be blinking? I don't see any lights when pressing the button... Have I missed some configuration steps? All I've done is installed irrecoQT from the repositories.

Thank you.
You can not see the infrared light, it is invisible to human eye.
But if you look at it with a digital camera (or another phone with camera), you can see a light blinking in the IR window (next to the camera button) when you tap one of the remote controller buttons.

There is, indeed, need for support for more devices. I have 6 remote controlled devices in use (TV, digibox, DVD-player, VCR, stereo tuner/amplifier and cassette deck), and I could not find codes for any of them.

Is there a request forum topic for remote controls?

I have the 42SL9000 from LG with the MKJ61541804 remote contol.
Unfortunately this remote doesn't exist in the databank. Can i ask for support somewhere?

@Das_Schlumpfie
hi, can anyone confirm that it works on pr1.2?
I can confirm that lirc works with pr1.2 (only irsend).

@Shark
Can i ask for support somewhere?
You can construct the data yourself with a Computer with an IR-receiver. The tool is "irrecord".
This constructs the data for lirc.
With irreco you can import the data from lirc.

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Is there a way to make my N900 scan ir frequencies?
I have a bed with massage and lift for back and feet, but i don't have the remote any more.. (My x-girlfriend ran away with it..)

Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Is there a way to make my N900 scan ir frequencies?
I have a bed with massage and lift for back and feet, but i don't have the remote any more.. (My x-girlfriend ran away with it..)
The problem is even if it could scan the carrier frequencies, that wouldn't send actual commands in whatever format. It would be easier to try to find a replacement remote - then you could clone what it was sending.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Perth, WA, Australia
What a shame the N900 doesn't have a proper irda transceiver! I used to have a Palm TX with an IR remote program, which could of course learn commands on its own. I discreetly copied the remotes of everybody i knew so i could mess with their TVs. Fun times.

But with irrecord, is there a particular type of IR receiver required? I think i have an old avermedia IR receiver that plugs into a 3.5mm microphone jack floating around somewhere.

i have been using my qt irreco for tvs, xbox . my toy rc car for which i have lost the controler, and i was wondering if i could control it with my n900. i was reading what frequency the rc car works, turns out some where near 27 mhz. i am 20 year old guy and not quite expert in cell phones, but is there a way i can ask my irreco to control toy cars ?

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
I see there's an update in the devels repo, what does it do over the previous version?

Originally Posted by zikmir View Post
i have been using my qt irreco for tvs, xbox . my toy rc car for which i have lost the controler, and i was wondering if i could control it with my n900. i was reading what frequency the rc car works, turns out some where near 27 mhz. i am 20 year old guy and not quite expert in cell phones, but is there a way i can ask my irreco to control toy cars ?
No - not possible at all. Have a look at this diagram of the electromagnetic spectrum. Infrared waves range from around 1-430 Terahertz, coming in just before the visible spectrum (400-790 Terahertz). 27 Mhz slots in between AM and FM radio waves.

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
I see there's an update in the devels repo, what does it do over the previous version?
Anyone? Or is there a wiki page?

Tags
infrared, irreco, n900, n900 ir, remote control