Notices

Originally Posted by kryptoniankid17 View Post
how can i donate to the irreco team?
You could pay for job (not) well done, but that won't help make irreco better as our team is breaking up as all of us try to focus graduating.
You can contribute by finding new developers or becoming one.
I will also suggest QT team to become public as that project has brighter future.

Originally Posted by arono View Post
For those of you wondering about the strength of the ir, it seems that this could be from a reliable source, or what do you say?:

source the youtube tutorial video (check comments by the uploader IreccoTeam):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HblSL0hG6Wg
As reluctant as I was to comment this subject as we use prototype, that source (IrrecoTeam) is reliable and some of us are more prone to talk.

See also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK24qk2uMXA

TV-b-gone IR codes don't open to me, but I may mail the developers some day and ask.

One group has grabbed a very large number of codes:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/

(I think the tvbgone used such a source).

Originally Posted by tz1 View Post
One group has grabbed a very large number of codes:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/

(I think the tvbgone used such a source).
I think easiest way would still be using codes in WORLDcodes.c.
All powerbuttons in one pack and duplicates already removed.
Let others do the hard work and so on.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
The N900 manual states it can't do IrDA, that probably means its only a IR transmitter and not a receiver.

(Weirdly enough my PC has only a receiver )

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ SLC, UT / Bakersfield, CA
I could test the range on the N900, however the IRRECO team has for some reason not made the .install file correctly. The install file should create the needed repos, and then install the application, unfortunately they haven't done that, or uploaded the app to the Fremantle repos. I have only a few days before this unit goes back to Nokia, so the qucker the better.

Originally Posted by ki6amd View Post
I could test the range on the N900, however the IRRECO team has for some reason not made the .install file correctly. The install file should create the needed repos, and then install the application, unfortunately they haven't done that, or uploaded the app to the Fremantle repos. I have only a few days before this unit goes back to Nokia, so the qucker the better.
All pages and sites and .install files are for n8x0 users.
Irreco that works with n900 (irreco-for-n900) is in fremantle extras-devel repository where it will stay until someone fixes all the little things.

WARNING

Feel free to play with this software, but be aware that this is software under development. Do not install software from either Extras-Devel or Extras-Testing unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Unless you are a developer or an experienced tester you should not have these repositories configured.

Until informed otherwise all software refered to in this thread is suspect and may seriously effect the utility of your device. Although not dangerous to it physically it may seriously affect the utility or battery life of your device in lots of as yet, unknown ways.

harriva

The Following User Says Thank You to harriva For This Useful Post:
Hi
whats up with the qtirreco programm at the programm manager?
is it for N900?
atfer installing it is working fine but i cant control tv or other ir stuff.....
do i need somethin extra to use the ir sensor??
THX

The Following User Says Thank You to Manulzibul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 117 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Wolverhampton
Any news on this lately?

The Following User Says Thank You to Pedrolot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Bump up... Is anyone having this work properly from the repository?

The Following User Says Thank You to R-R For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
The ir sensor does work by enabling internal lirc

Code:
/etc/init.d/lirc start
This needs to be done as root.

The problem comes when trying to download already working remotes as they use the irtrans backend which is not supported yet. You can build your own remote specifying the internal lirc as source but it is a little hit and miss with the model types. I have successfully changed channels and turned off mky Sony Bravia 32500s model. I am just trying to fine tune it into working with all the buttons as I cannot find a way to incorporate buttons from different models which work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, irreco, n900, n900 ir, remote control