Originally Posted by dneary View Post
Device to device sync over bluetooth works perfectly - I did it today with my trusty old N82 to the N900, using the normal Bluetooth "sync with another terminal" option.

Dave.
do you have a google account? can you please check how does it work with Mail for Exchange?

if you can post some pics...

thank you, Danilo

do you have a google account? can you please check how does it work with Mail for Exchange?

thank you, Danilo

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
The first thing I did when I pulled my N900 out was set up and sync with Google over Mail for Exchange - works brilliantly, though you'll need to tinker with the settings or else you'll get constant 'server not responding' errors (seems Google doesn't like it when you ping constantly).

Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks seem to be supported, though it's only a single calendar, not multiple (would like to see multiple support really soon).

Note that Gmail is not supported as part of your Mail for Exchange profile (or didn't seem to be for me) so you'll need to setup the Gmail profile separately using the built-in Gmail profile.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rcadden For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
(would like to see multiple support really soon).
+1 on that..

The Following User Says Thank You to nymajoak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 263 | Thanked: 679 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by danilos2k View Post

thank you, Danilo
I do have a google account - and once I got home, and the wifi worked properly, I got my contacts & calendar synced. There was also a check-box for mail, but I didn't want that.

The instructions to follow, which work as advertised, are here: http://www.google.com/support/mobile...&answer=147951

I could post some pics, but not right now...

Cheers,
Dave.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dneary For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
It works but only for first calendar and doesn't do multiple calendar or calendar separation. I unchecked contacts, because I have way too many contacts in gmail to want them all on my phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zaheerm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by dneary View Post
I do have a google account - and once I got home, and the wifi worked properly, I got my contacts & calendar synced.
Seems to constantly fail for me at some random spot of the synchronization process. Some discussion on Qaiku and bug 5404.

Originally Posted by bergie View Post
Seems to constantly fail for me at some random spot of the synchronization process. Some discussion on Qaiku and bug 5404.
if you have a "google apps" account you have to Enable Google Sync

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
I've synced my google apps calendar to my N900 successfully. However the past two days I get this error "Exchange server not responding". Has anyone else seen similar? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Calendar is now working.

Question on Google Contacts sync via Mail for Exchange. The contacts that get populated on the N900 do not contain all the 'contact information' that is stored within my Google account. The only thing I get is the Name, and Email. I cannot for instance, get the address or phone number and sync those. Is there something I am missing? Thanks in advance.