Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

why would someone install Gingerbread on N900 when the voice call is currently not possible.

Originally Posted by punjabi38 View Post
installed rootsh and leadpad
when i type this line in x-terminal "bzip2 -d gingerbread.tar.bz2" it says "cannot open gingerbread.tar.bz2: no such file or directory
PLEASE HELP
try downloading the file gingerbread.tar.bz2 using wget command in x-term, if you download the file on your computer and paste it in .documents on your phone it will not detect the file, also for your information you can try this to check if the file is in mydoc or not

/home/user: cd Mydocs
home/user/MyDocs: ls

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
New updates added, custom emmcs added too, instructions on how to install each gingerbread update rennovated. (I just didn't want to repeat the word update)

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
might I make a small suggestion of something to add to the guide on the first page?

1. the instructions on how to un-install. I've seen a few people who have messed up and needed a whole reflash. This could have a list of the typical folders that it is safe to delete or keep.

2. the instructions on how to repartition without the need to flash, which also means you don't wipe any data and it's all done in 10 to 15 minutes.

Can anyone tell me how to uninstall from emmc without formating?
Followed guide on first page to install and all is well but I want to remove it for now, so which files do I manually delete etc etc?

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Originally Posted by No_LiMiT View Post
Can anyone tell me how to uninstall from emmc without formating?
Followed guide on first page to install and all is well but I want to remove it for now, so which files do I manually delete etc etc?
Read the Wiki on how to Uninstall NITDroid..It is given in that all the files that you have to delete to completely uninstall it..

I did but just making sure I can safely delete all those so I don't screw maemo too.

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Originally Posted by No_LiMiT View Post
I did but just making sure I can safely delete all those so I don't screw maemo too.
yes u can safely delete all those that are given in the Wiki as normal Maemo has only 4 folders in there that should not be deleted.

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
First of all, my jaw is totally dropped cause of your work, just amazing!

It's really insane to dig thru all of the 167 pages, so I'm sorry if that problem has been solved before Everything is working good except strange wi-fi issue. It connects just fine, signal strength is good, but nothing actually work, like browser, showing me connection error message or widgets. Was there any similar case?

I've WPA encryption and I've tried totally open AP - same stuff. My router is Asus wl500gP, for that matter.

And thank you again, that's trully an amazing job

i insttal fakegps and keyboard but gps not work. work only keyboard.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid