Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by devu View Post
The question is, is LinkedIn provide some external API or web service? I couldn't find any information about it.
http://developer.linkedin.com/index.jspa

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omeriko9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Ok, after quick investigation I see LinkedIn doesn't provide any form of direct request. Looks like their support header-based auth for all API operations except UAS authorization steps. And they working on the query-based authentication. I founded some example calling via php but I don't really like if 10kb Flash application to be able to receive couple of line xml document need to have 40MB framework on the server!! Are you ppl crazy or something?

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
That kind of authorization is kind of standard in the WEB2.0 world. I guess you need to request an API key for mobile application and end-users need to allow access for that application. After that they get a token which is stored to your application config and the program is allowed access.

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Yeap, but I 'm lucky because I'm building web based app indeed. I know this is standard unfortunately My point is, I don't really like spaghetti code solutions and heavy frameworks behind the scene. Someone using this, got an error and after couple of weeks of investigation (went trough 20 000 files ) another guy founded solution, userAuthorisationUrl instead userAuthorizationUrl .

That's the standard of Web 2.0 and RIA I wish to have all the time:

http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/...reference.html

and that's it!, simple, robust, clear, efficient.

I know absolutely nothing about developors or programming and my web knowleadge is limited to basic html these days

Do you know how they are doing it on the iphone as they have not long since released an app for it, so it is effectively mobile in some respects

Kudos to those trying to get us a mobile version it will be much appreciated

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Guadalajara, Jal MX
Right now, i'm trying to define the features, behavior, etc. of the linkedin cilent that im working on.

Unfortunately im having a ton of work lately, so i can't spend much time on the app as i want it to.

im thinking about first build the UI and then create all the logic, so i can post screenshots early and you can give feedback, thoughts, ideas...

C ya.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txava For This Useful Post:
That would be great txava

only just seen this thread again as it seems to get lost very quickly

I've just enabled the linkedin rss feed and I'm getting all updates via the rss widget. Thats good enought for me

Originally Posted by al_n View Post
I've just enabled the linkedin rss feed and I'm getting all updates via the rss widget. Thats good enought for me
Hi there!

Can the writer, or someone else, tell me how to proceed this??? I realy need an linkedin link to my N900. Linkedup does not work ou t well, so maybe in the way as written above....

Greeting John