Hi

I've got a Nokia 770 which I am able to connect to the internet via bluetooth to an Orange SPV550 (windows mobile 3). However I now have a Sony Ericsson K800i on vodafone in the UK, which I just cannot get to connect.

With the K800i, the 770 almost immediately returns an error "internet connection failed". As well as *99# as the dialup string, I've tried variations i.e *99**4# (if 4 is the id number of the phone's dun profile) with no success - and it's driving me nuts.

The phones' in-built browser connects fine.

The phone does ask for permission for the 770 to use it as a modem - but then the 770 immediately throws up the error. So I'm assuming the bluetooth connection works... or does it. Or is this a DUN problem?

I've searched. Really. I've googled postings saying the K800i works with a 770 and 800... Please can someone else who has a 770 or 800 connecting with this model phone (or something similar) please post their settings? which data account etc as well?

thanks in advance.

Cheers, Iain

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Central London
Have you tried all the other DUN profile numbers? I'm on Three with a P990 and mine works on #1: *99***1#
Actually that dialing format is a SonyEricsson-specific thing - the *99# or whatever format won't work/that's for (just about?) all other phone makes.

Reckon it's worth a shot you going through all the numbers if you haven't already... Also, I have it set on Packet Data (not Data Call) on the first screen/maybe check that as well?.

Incidentally - if anyone knows how to set up an LG KU990 'Viewty' (on three or any network even) that'd really help me out!

Last edited by dsmudger; 2007-12-04 at 00:09.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Also what version of OS 2006 or OS 2007HE do you have on your 770? There is/was a BT DUN problem in OS 2006 which I confirmed with Sony Ericsson W950i/M600 phones, you may be seeing the same on your K800i (see bug #865 for details).

Hi

Its ages since I fought, lost and finally sorted this. Vodafone support gave me all sorts of strings, which were a complete waste of time.

embarassingly.. I must admit it was user error, I was referencing the wrong profile. *99***5# works a treat, the K800 works as a pretty good modem and the battery lasts surprisingly long for a 3g phone.

Re: the DUN problem Milhouse mentioned-I've not experienced it, but thanks for the heads up. My 770 is on the latest OS 2006.

thanks again, Iain