Posts: 116 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ OC, CA
Post your manufacturer, model number, service provider, (un)locked status, and software updates to phone firmware if any.

Last edited by konfoo; 2005-12-30 at 17:33.

Nokia 6230 (cingular)

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ BARCELONA, CAT, SPAIN
Motorola V3 (only with Nokia update).

Happy new year!!!

MICKY

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Florida, USA
Motorola, v330, T-Mobile, locked, no updates necessary.

You will also want to check http://maemo.org/maemowiki/BluetoothDUN

Incompatible Nokia 6650

I'm a little disappointed that I cannot browse on my nokia 6650 MMC card. I can connect via bluetooth just fine but I can't access the contents of my memory card.

Also I have service with t-mobile. I can connect to to wap service on the phone but I can't connect to the internet with the 770.

I use to set up my nokia 6650 and a laptop with bluetooth to access the internet through the 6650, but I don't quite remember how I did it. Searches on the t-mobile website brings me no joy.

If anyone has t-mobile and have gotten 770 working. Please help me with the settings. Oh and of course I'm in the US.

Last edited by NokNok770; 2005-12-30 at 19:01.

Nokia 6682, Cingular, full compatibility
Nokia 6820, Cingular, full compatibility

Nokia 3650, Cingular, Mediaworks Unlimited (while mobile), and FastAccess DSL 1500k speed (while at home). Always worked fine - no problems. Then, got a black Motorola Razr v3 from Santa last week, and it works just fine too. Don't expect Cingular to support you on anything 770 related; they will cut your service if they think you are getting your money's worth on the unlimited internet.

So, file transfer is not supported on this phone, but you can use the phone for Bluetooth dialup networking. The other caveat is that you must re-pair the phone upon each connection, which is completely lame, but at least it works.

Tell the n770 to dial #770, and use the username "web" and password "web" (just as you would for a laptop bluetooth Dial Up Networking connection on this phone).

Also, I have unlimited T-Mobile access on my pda, but its
a 6315 ipaq so won't pair with n770.
Thus, I'll be buying a phone which will pair with n77o,
plus work with T-Mobile, plus able to use TMO's edge.
Any suggestions for an inexpensive phone (new or used)
which will do all this?
Green

I have the Motorola v551 with Cingular, I can browse the phone and transfer pictures with no issue. I have full web browsing on the tablet while connected to the phone, and the phone is EDGE compatable and I seem to be getting around 100k throughput.