Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Looking forward to the release!

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
It's enough to make you cry, it looks so pretty, but plays for about 3 seconds before the cpu can no longer keep up.

Its comming along nicely, although I really wish I had been able to get xmms running well.

The XFCE will contain much of what was in openbox plus some additions

grep
tar
bzip2
ping
telnet
fdisk
parted
which
hdparm
links
xkbd & matchbox-keyboard
ftp
gftp and gftp-text
gaim
xterm
aterm
xkill
xdaliclock (can do fullscreen clock :-)
esd

lots of wmapps, works with wmdock, but I have a problem with wmdock, it swallows the keyboard, I have contacted the developer and he said he was happy I reported it and is working to fix it, we'll see if its fixed before I am ready to start doling out XFCE

Would like to have working before release:

Any ideas of a small fast music player (with NO kde or tons of gnome deps)

Browser, I have compiled Dillo, but links works better, I have been unable to get a good browser app working. Is minimo still available to n800 or only microb? Anyone have ideas how to make the opera browser work in another window manager?

Abiword /Gnumeric Not sure if I should do these or not. ???

Any other suggestions/wishlist for apps?

I know perhaps it seems like I am talking to myself out here, oh well

I have found a music player that seems to work fairly good on IT, you can also still use other fullscreen players with XFCE. Actually its kinda nice because you can have say, kagu or osso-player in fullscreen and still have more desktops to work on, just switch to that desktop when you need it. The CPU on XMMS was 100% and would play for about 3 seconds, this is using about 10-15%cpu

Did I mention anywhere about the app finder in XFCE, when you run it, it will find all the apps installed in hildon, and xfce, you can then launch them from the app finder

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2007 @ St.Petersburg, FL
This looks great. Good job. And you can talk to yourself, its ok.

"Your soul brotha from another motha"

Is that like my sister from another mister?

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Looks interesting. When do we get first beta release of XFCE? Hope we get Microb or Opera running on XFCE otherwise it is useless.

Penguinbait! That genius of yours at work again, I see...

Amazing job so far... XMMS O_O

Holy ****... awesome... Oh, for a broweser... why not http://www.konqueror.org/embedded/ ?

Good luck... post an Alpha soon for everyone who trusts you with their machines

I vote for Minimo.
Or you could go the extra mile and go with Webkit.

Additions

REALVNC 4.1.2 viewer and server (menu items to start vncviewer and start/stop vncserver) Note vncserver script does not work, but the vncserver does. /usr/local/bin/x0vncserver (Oh and did I mention you can set a password on the server, very nice)

xrdp (this is pretty cool) xrdp allows you to connect to vnc sessions via standard windows terminal services client, and perhaps more, I am still playing and there is not much documentation. I still need to make startup scripts to start xrdp, but I have tested it and it works

So basically you can connect to IT from another computer with Terminal services client, pretty cool.

wmdock for XFCE, was updated by the developer to fix the bug where it was swallowing the xkbd and matchbox keyboards. I sent him the problem, it was fixed the next day, itwas awesome, Thanks André Ellguth

nmap added

Added some additional menu

more to come, I do not have a tarball ready to share, its close, but I need to put some scripts together. I am going camping this weekend thouth, so it my be next weekend before I have a tarball ready.