I had to flash mine to PR1.2, because I'm on Vodafone UK and they have a custom version of the OS, so you have to wait for them to release updates (and they haven't even done PR1.1.1 yet)

Still, flashing it was an interesting learning experience, and it was a pleasant surprise that so much of my data (Firefox profile, contacts, SMS/IM history, and more) survived the flashing.

And most importantly, I'm loving the improvements in 1.2!

I like 1.2....there is something that annoy me.

Last night as i was taking pictures.....i notice that when you use flashlight while taking picture..it works the first time taking the first pic...then taking another pic or more afterward result in failed operation. Even iFocus program does the same. So i had to shut the flash light off in order to take as many pics as i want without resulting in "operation failed." Lucky i don't take pics with flashlight on...so it's not a big deal for me. The cam does work with flashlight on while recording video though.

Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Well then you shouldn't of bought it.
Or maybe, just a wild guess here, Nokia should get their ****ing act together and deliver what they promised?

Don't act like this is the first time Nokia fails to keep its promises and it is the paying customers who are left waiting with nothing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PradaBrada For This Useful Post:
Look!

It's a dog on a pony

^ I see that and raise you bear on a horse

The Following User Says Thank You to PradaBrada For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
^ I see that and raise you bear on a horse

You win!

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
Or maybe, just a wild guess here, Nokia should get their ****ing act together and deliver what they promised?

Don't act like this is the first time Nokia fails to keep its promises and it is the paying customers who are left waiting with nothing.
What did they promise exactly?

I do not recall portrait mode ever being promised.

There has been a long argument coming to the conclusion that neither was FLASH 10.1, although it was implied (though more by Adobe than Nokia) due to showing the beta running on N900.

Also, while we all want proper Ovi Maps support they certainly never promised that either. I agree they SHOULD deliver it as we paid more for the device and its missing a key feature that pretty much all Nokia phones, much cheaper ones than the N900, have as standard. However to be fair, they never promised we would get it.

Believe me I am not happy that the N900 is lacking some of these things, Ovi Maps at least I expected it to be comparable to at least their cheaper devices. However, the N900 does everything that was actually promised of it.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post:
How about an elephant ON a mouse ? :-)

The n900 is my computer in a pocket! I'm still amazed it makes phone calls!

I would even keep the n900 if I get the N8. I would use the n8 as my primary cell phone, and tether the connection to my n900 for the awesome internet experience!

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Enyibinakata View Post
Web browsing is as smooth as ever. I love the visual history, virtual keyboard is quite usable now. Media player quirks gone, multitasks brilliantly, wifi connection very strong, battery life better, maps and mail much better but can be improved. I can go on and on.

To sum it up I am yet to find any phone that matches this and I have played with them all. Maemo still irritates sometimes and far from perfect but for me its by far the best mobile OS. If you know of a better one please let me know.

Well done Nokia but keep working on improving what needs to be improved.
I totally agree!

Tags
troll thread