Active Topics

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Bulgaria
hello all. I installed a application called 'keepassx' but I don't see it anywhere in the n800. So can somebody tell me how to open it from the command line. Actually what is the command that I have to use to open any application from the command line

The Following User Says Thank You to Dqkata For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by Dqkata View Post
hello all. I installed a application called 'keepassx' but I don't see it anywhere in the n800. So can somebody tell me how to open it from the command line. Actually what is the command that I have to use to open any application from the command line
The command line is the application "osso-xterm", which appears under the name "X terminal" in the applications menu (I think it is in the extras category, but I not sure, since I moved it long time ago to "My selection").

When you launch "X terminal", you'll get a text window in which you can type unix commands, and also launch any application if you know its name.

I assume that the name of the application in your case is keepassx. You don't even need to type it completely. Typing the first chars and clicking in the "Tab" button, would complete the name. If the completion does not happen, this means that no app is known with that beginning. This probably means that your installation failed, or that the "real name" of the application is not what you thought (for example, the application "X terminal" is actually called osso-xterm, as said before), or that the application got installed in a non-standard folder.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by jldiaz View Post
(I think it is in the extras category, but I not sure, since I moved it long time ago to "My selection").
It's in the Utilities category by default.

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
If you're trying to figure out what the name is, try:

cd /usr/bin
ls *pass*

And try changing what's in between the stars a few times, ie try *keep* *passx* etc.

and then if it lists a result, try typing in that result

Hope this helps

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.