Active Topics

just checking.. but have they started australia yet?

i signed up on may 21st.. still waiting for the email =]

The Following User Says Thank You to toki For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Waiting room for non-EU pre-orders is here...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91867&page=4

Hopefully Sailfish(Jolla) "Sailors" can engage in there at some point.
God knows they're extremely busy ATM though, super human effort really.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Next release I suggest jolla expand the scope of payment Atleast few weeks earlier then serving users upon payment. And wwith serving I mean everything without shipping. Then at a predicted date ship all the devices. Not a few devices every day that's just soooooo soooooo. And Noone knows what is happening.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by cybette View Post
It means after taking care of all the pre-orders. We don't have a date yet; and this is my personal guesstimate nothing official -- let's give our sailors some time off during Christmas to spend time with family, the direct online sales could possibly start early January.

I have friends in Asia asking me to bring some units back for them, so I'm waiting for this to happen too
can i ask you to bring some back as well? :P I live in asia :P

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by _Routser View Post
My itella tracking says the package is now retrievable from the post office. For those who got it already, was it delivered to your home or did you pick it up from post office?
I've got note in the mailbox that they tried to deliver at home, and now it's at post office (where I'll go soon on the way to work).
The note reports that it was DHL doing the delivery although the e-mail notification and tracking code was from Itella (but the tracking reported that it was handled by a 'partner').
So probably all the phones begin their trip (to Finland and EU customers) from the DHL warehouse in Vantaa.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
While I understand the expectation of being first to receive the phone due to preorder it doesn't help anyone to delay sales in DNA stores just to fulfill our egos. For most of us there will be zero real life impact because of that, nobody we know will come rub his new Jolla in our faces. Instead we should all hope that they sell as many phones as possible during the holiday season and thus get more apps and updates. Novelty from being the first will wear off soon. An extra app because of an extra sale to a potential developer however will have lasting impact.
I agree with you on that, but on other hand, there is problem that you didn't get what you was promised. And i think it would be pretty fair if Jolla can compensate in some way.
I was already disspointed that LE jolla was just special colour and theme TOH with "First one", and i now i know that those words means nothing.
I hope they'll come up with something, as "we are small company" is getting being excuse, while "we delivered what we promised" is still used a lot.(check community jolla thread).

So as officially it was announced on pre-order "to be first one" and officially it was said that will get before Christmas. There is still no official statememnt about problems and the resolutions. While Jolla was not that much open and in communication with us, i don't think it would be fair of them now to ask us for simple understanding — you simply can't ask for something you don't do yourself. I think it's fair.

So i hope they'll think of some discount on next TOH, or maybe some credit for application store. There can be a lot of ways.

I myself pre-ordered 22.5 and paid November 25, 2013 for full cost.
Status is still — «PAID»

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post

So i hope they'll think of some discount on next TOH, or maybe some credit for application store. There can be a lot of ways.
The best "compensation" I could think of personally is that the first backers get an actual vote on the priority at which core usability and security features to fix first.
(browser portret mode + load multiple tabs in multtask windows, XMPP secure voice, SIP, BT file sharing, Wifi Hotspot, activate FMtx, LTE HW, hardware access of Android apps, access control, firewall, EDIT: open files from file manager to relevant application, ...you name it)

Last edited by ste-phan; 2013-12-11 at 08:31.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
I myself pre-ordered 22.5 and paid November 25, 2013 for full cost.
Status is still — «PAID»
If you read some message back in this thread you will notice that Jolla is not currently updating status information to their web shop because they consider it more important to get the shipments out.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
It must be a *hell* of a tedious work for the Jollas to manage all that packing, stamping and god knows what else. I am very happy for the info that cybette gave us. It calms us and gives us hope for a joyful x-mas.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Larswad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
http://www.jollausers.com/2013/12/ad...aking-so-long/

they have issues with delivery. Great to say that. Thanks Marc. No point of hiding.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-12-11 at 10:31.