Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
It worked like a charm with mplayer vaapi enabled and used to watch youtube with mplayer but writing is what I do most so no big deal. Itg is just hard for me to give up when something is not working.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Yesterday sent the motherboards to England. Next steps and updates of this project is in other hands for now.

Meanwhile if someone has chinese contacts who could try to find a manufacturer able to produce N900 parts - feel free to join this project and try to hunt them down and inform of success.
Put a complete list of parts needed in the thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Mainly it would be like 50 keyboards with the keyboardframe and 50 backcovers with the camera lenscover included. There is missing some simcard and sdcard holders too but I think they can be found quite easily.

I managed to find one online shop from India whic was selling back covers and full bodies as white but.checked what was said about the shop online and didn't feel comfortable to try from them. A bit too much bad experiences people had.

I don't actually need both of those 50 but I could buy them to have solme parts if finding other phones with missing keyboard and backcover. But I need them both 30 atleast.

But this can wait untill we see how many usb ports can be fixed and how many working phones I have in the end.

I don't listen music a lot. And when I do it is just a radio channels. Because of one nasty thing I got so pissd of that over 20 years ago threw all my precious cds to trash can. With N900 I have mSoma internet radio and I can choose certain tyope of channel and listen to that. But now when I emptied those N900s I got a lot of music: Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Greenday, a huge collection of rap, Nirvana, David Bowie, Jamiroquai, and some finnish too as Eppu Normaali all records, Jukka Poika, CMX etc. So now after twenty years I can listen again what I want and also got Rambos and other movies to watch, just finished the First Blood. Some benefit for me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
The white N900 kits were for pretty much everything except the PCB and camera back in the old days. It is probably old stock from China, I wouldn't be surprised if a deep search on taobao didn't turn up some cloned N900 parts, at least plastic.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I don't listen music a lot. And when I do it is just a radio channels. Because of one nasty thing I got so pissd of that over 20 years ago threw all my precious cds to trash can.
Argh, now you got me interested, so shot!
What could have happened to make you to get rid of all your CD's?

Incidentally, there was something that happened to a neighbour long time ago; He had a vast collection of jazz/blues/rock LP's, and when the CD's came out in force and LP records were considered old fashioned he sold off all his records on fleamarkets...

He only later realized that the mastering of the LP's is far superior to the compressed production chain of CD's, and furthermore many of the records he sold off are never going to be released on CD again...

So for the last 30 years he has been slowly trying to build up his old collection by buying LP's from all around at way more expensive prices than what he once got for his collection...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
It is the famous GMA500 graphic card problem with linux.
It worked like a charm with mplayer vaapi enabled
But, you wrote, it broke after updates.
I'm not saying it can't be made to work again, but if you read the article I linked you'll realise why it broke after updates.
My recommendation stands.
Or, compile everything manually. Consider Gentoo.

The Following User Says Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Austria
Forgot to mention that my workhorse for flashing was my loyal Nokia Booklet 3G laptop which is awesome. Just can't watch videos but I use it for writing and the keyboard is awesome.
I totally agree with you, that the Nokia Booklet 3G Laptop is awesome piece of hardware . I also love to use it at home and abroad with the onboard mobile data connection, to write emails, use LibreOffice, use the Internet and watch videos.
I use Ubuntu 16.04, xfce4, slim login manager and view videos with SMTube (mpv and 480p). As system graphics driver I use the EMGD driver from https://launchpad.net/~thopiekar/+archive/ubuntu/emgd.
This links could also be interesting for you: https://github.com/EMGD-Community/intel-binaries-linux and https://github.com/EMGD-Community/intel-binaries-linux/issues/51

Last edited by druk13; 2020-09-11 at 18:09.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to druk13 For This Useful Post:
Thank you for the info.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 222 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Prague
Hi, I am looking for some parts for my OLD N900.

Do any of your "Broken" N900 have a good front screen (either just the clear plastic with "N900" on it, or just the whole front panel to save disassembly?

Also I need a good QWERTY keyboard overlay as mine is worn through on some keys.

just thought I would ask given you might not be able to fix them all.

The Following User Says Thank You to glo-worm For This Useful Post:

Tags
many pieces, much an a lot, multiple, nokia n900